Wednesday 15 August 2012

Feel Better Soon Card

Mornin' all!

Today I'm showcasing a card I made for a lovely lady, Dawn. She works in a craft shop near to where my Mum & Dad live in Yorkshire. When I took Emily back home, I popped up to the shop. I knew Dawn wouldn't be there as she's recovering from a recent op, so I took this card and a friend who also works in the craft shop passed it on.





With the fold at the top of a white square scalloped card, I trimmed off both sides. The paper is from the Springtime 6x6 paper pad by Echo Park and the stamps are from the Healthy Vibes set by Paper Smooches. I stamped the images in black ink and heat embossed with clear powder, then coloured in with Promarkers. It was finished off with a length of shocking pink grosgrain knotted under the image.

I was aiming for fresh colours with a clean and simple look and I was really pleased with the result.

Thank you for stopping by!
Colette xx

4 comments:

Nikbee said...

A fab card. I love the fresh colours.
Nikki x

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Colette, it looks fabulous in real life too :) I was so touched by the way you went out of your way to get a card to me and your thoughtfulness, feeling much better following the set back and now the antibiotics are finished I don't feel quite so sick! Looking forward to getting back to work as I am really missing the regular customers and my work colleagues, but it won't be for a while yet :( Off to do some crafting now :)
Lots of love and many thanks
Dawn xxx

Colette said...

Thanks Nikki, I really appreciate your comments:)

Colette x

Colette said...

You are more than welcome Dawn! I was just sad that I didn't get chance to see you. Hopefully next time I'm up visiting Mum & Dad, you'll be back fighting fit and I can pop and say hello. For now, take care, relax and concentrate on getting better:)

Colette xxxxx