Thursday 11 October 2012

Merry & Bright!

Well hello and a good Thursday afternoon to you all!
I've just finished another commission for Crafts Beautiful and I thought before I start doing the instructions and templates, I would make a quick Christmas card. This is a cutey.




What I used.....

Snowman (656299) - Bigz Die - Sizzix
Winter Wonderland 6x6 paper pad - My Minds Eye
Baker's twine
Snowman charm
Glitter dots
15cm square card blank - white
Card - white, red, orange, black, brown
Gel pen - white

With the fold at the top, I covered the top of the blank with cottage paper. I trimmed the Merry & Bright phrase strip from the tags and borders paper and attached it below the cottage paper. Next, I wrapped baker's twine around the card under the border, threaded on the snowman charm and tied a bow.

The snowman and accessories were die cut and assembled. He was mounted onto the card with foam tape. The card was finished off with a few glitter dots on the snowflakes and a few highlights on the snowman with white pen.

This was quite a quick card to do, the thing is, as Christmas gets closer, the more time consuming, trickier cards get pushed aside for quick, simple ones. I think that's why I like buying co-ordinating stickers, rub-ons and die cuts, they're great for last minute cards (it can still take me ages to decide which papers etc. to use and the actual layout of the card!).

That's me for the nonce, I may just rattle off another couple of quickies - watch this space! Thanks for popping in. xx

No comments: