Wednesday 28 November 2012

Happy Christmas - dangly bauble!

Whatcha peeps!

It's manic at the moment. I'm in the middle of another Crafts Beautiful commission, so I've not been around much this week.

Well, this Christmas card I want to show you, I made a couple of weeks ago. So glad I did now. This is another very quick simple card, again perfect for those last minuters (is that a word? minuters? - will have to check the 'ol Oxford later).

Righto, on to the card...



What I used...

Stamps: Joyful Greetings - Paper Smooches
Paper: Soda Fountain Dots & Stripes - Echo Park
Card stock: white
Die cut: 12 Days of Christmas Accessory Sheet - My Mind's Eye
Ink: Onyx Black - Versafine
Gems: black, red
Ribbon: red
Punch: corner rounder
Adhesives

What I did...

Create an A6 top fold blank and round the bottom corners. Cut a slightly smaller piece of turquoise stripe paper, round off the bottom corners and attach centrally to the blank. Repeat with white card.

Stamp the sentiment about 1" from the top of the white card. Add a row of black gems leading down from between the 'a' and 's' on the Christmas.

Attach the red bauble from the accessory sheet to the end of the black gems with foam tape, embellish with red gems. Wrap ribbon around the top of the card and tie in a knot on the right. Add a red gem over the dot on the 'i' to finish.

Having a large size sentiment means you don't have to go too mad on filling the rest of the card. These sentiments from Paper Smooches lend themselves very well to having things 'dangling' from them.

Well, that's me for the nonce.

Don't forget you can enter my blog candy giveaway, with a chance to get hold of some fab K & Company papers (rules of entry are in the post dated 21st November 2012). Just a little thank you to those of you who follow, read my waffle and leave fab comments; or to my new followers a thank you for joining :)

Take care, until next time. xx


No comments: