Saturday 3 November 2012

Merry Tree

Wassup peeps?
I'll send a bright and cheery hello on this wet and windy Saturday :)
Today I have another Christmas card for you. I've used another fab stamp from the wonderful Octopode Factory.


I didn't really notice the face on the star until I started to colour it in. It's so cute! He doesn't look too happy though (then again, I don't think I would be with the top of a spiky tree stuck up my bum).



What I used...

Christmas Tree stamp - The Octopode Factory
12 Days of Christmas 6x6 paper pad - My Mind's Eye
12 Days of Christmas accessory sheet - My Mind's Eye
Black ink - Versafine
Clear embossing powder - Stampendous
Merry Christmas rub-ons - Kaisercraft
Promarkers
Baker's twine, red - Divine Twine
Button, red
Flat back pearls, white

I stamped, heat embossed and coloured in the tree image, then trimmed and mounted it onto a piece of patterned paper. I cut up one of the journaling spots from the accessory sheet and attached it to the top left side of the image and mounted the whole thing onto the front of a white blank.

I fixed a length of the scallop border along the bottom, with a 'peppermint' swirl and a button tied with twine at the right hand side. To finish, I applied a 'Merry' rub-on and three pearls onto the journaling spot.

I wasn't too sure about this card at first. Sometimes you can spend ages on a card and not be too happy with it. If you walk away and go back to it the next day, you seem to see it in a completely different light. I love it now :D

The thing is with me, is that I am my own worst critic. Tsk tsk.

Anyhoo, off to make a coffee, take one out to his nibs (playing in the garage), ring my Mum and start creating another masterpiece. I have to break off a little later, a friend is coming round to borrow my Morticia outfit for a fancy dress get together tonight. It's going to be fun getting her ready!!

Call in again soon! xx

2 comments:

Nikbee said...

A fab card. I love the button detail.
Nikki x

Rachel said...

What a fab contemporary Christmas card...you're right that star is cute!! Wedgie xxx