Sunday 31 March 2013

Do What You Love

Happy Easter Sunday peepscicles!

Hope you are not eating too much chocolate. How much is too much though? I think it is down to the individual person to decide how much is too much for them.

For example, some peeps can eat more than one Cadbury's Creme Egg - I would struggle, I can just manage one, but they are lovely (for my lovely followers who live in beautiful far away places that do not know what a Cadbury's Creme Egg is; it's a chocolate egg filled with white and yellow soft fondant, they are very very sweet and only available for a short time). I like to put mine in the fridge, for some reason, when they are really, really cold they don't seem so sickly.

Also, how do you eat yours? I bite the wide part of the egg off first, scoop out the fondant with my finger (clean of course), then eat the rest of the chocolate. I usually buy about a dozen of them, and put them in a lovely bowl with lots of little Lindt chocolate eggs and bunnies, so we can dip in whenever we want.

Okay, nuff of the chocolate for now. As promised in my last post, here is another card I did for the March issue of Crafts Beautiful using one paper pad.



What you need...

Papers: Cara Marie 12"x12" Handmade Speciality Pad - K and Company (or any paper collection that has matching die cuts and embellishments)
Button: brown
Crystal gem: clear
Parcel string
Garden twine
Adhesives

What you do...

Die cut a label from embossed kraft card and mount onto the left side of a 12cm square blank, trim any excess. Wrap garden twine around the card a couple of times and tie in a bow at the right. Mount the phrase die-cut over the twine with foam pads.

Layer a die-cut flower and attach to the lower right corner. Thread the button with frayed parcel string and adhere to the centre of the flower. Finish with a gem on the sentiment.

There we have a very quick, simple, but effective card. As I mentioned in my last post, this K and Company collection is no longer available, but any paper collection that has lovely large motfis and die-cuts will do just as well.

I'd be so chuffed if you wanted to make a card exactly as I've done it, using the same papers, stamps etc. But I also post my makes to give you inspiration on sketches (card layouts), colours, themes, patterns and so on. If I have inspired you in any way, I would love to see your makes. Post me a link to your blog so I can pop in and have a look!

Well, that's me for the nonce. Enjoy the rest of your Easter Sunday, and thanks for visiting xxx
  
post signature

1 comment:

Sonia said...

Just gorgeous card my dear Colette^_^Beautiful colors^_^
Have a sweet day,
Sonia