Saturday 11 May 2013

You're Old V.2

H'afternoon me hearties!
 
How are you enjoying your weekend so far?
 
You may recognise today's card; it's the same layout and image I did for Simon's birthday back in March. This time however, I've done it in red/lime/black instead of turquoise/lime/black.
 
It is for a lovely friend of ours, John. I had no qualms about doing this 'old' card for him, as I know he has a fab sense of humour :o)
 
So, without further ado....



 
What you need...
 
Stamps: Li'l Grumpies Occasions - Smeared Ink
Card stock: white, black, lime
Ink: Onyx Black - Versafine
Promarkers: Cool Grey 1, Lime Green, Lipstick Red
Washi tape: lime, black/white hounds tooth, red/white stripe - MT
Brad: lime
Baker's twine: black
Adhesives
What you do...
 
Create a 12cm x 15cm tent fold blank in black card. Mount a slightly smaller piece of white card onto it, lining up with the fold. Tear off three strips of washi tape, one hounds tooth, one stripe and one lime and attach from the top of the blank down the centre.
 
Stamp the Li'l Grumpy and sentiment onto a piece of white card, colour in and trim. Mount onto lime card and trim leaving a narrow border. Tear a strip of hounds tooth washi tape, attach to the upper left of the image, by folding over sandwiching the image panel in between, then insert a brad. Mount the panel centrally near the top of the blank with foam tape.
 
Wrap baker's twine around the base of the card a few times and tie in a floppy bow at the right. Finish with a small torn piece of stripe washi tape just above.
 
Ta da!
 
I adore these Grumpies. I've just bought a spooky set, so I'll use them later for Halloween.
 
I'm going to sign off for now as I need to get on with a commission for Crafts Beautiful. I will be back though, I've got a card I've made for my brother-in-law, Robert to show you.
 
Take care all! Enjoy the rest of your Saturday xxx
 
post signature

3 comments:

Sonia said...

What a funny card with This little monster:))
Big hug my friend,
Sonia

Nikbee said...

A fantastic card. I love the image.
Nikki x

Unknown said...

Brilliant card Colette, he's such a cute Lil' Grumpy monster :)
Hugs
Dawn x