Tuesday 16 July 2013

Zesty Get Well

Mornin' peepsicles!

How are you today? All keeping fit and well and not getting sun burnt.

As I am busy with commissions at the moment, I've not really had time to do any makes, so I thought I would pop by and show you a card I made for the 7 Ways With...Fruity Motifs feature in the May 2012 issue of Crafts Beautiful.

These fruity cards have proved popular, I think this is the fifth one I've shown you. This one has an orange theme.





This card has an unusual layout in that it is a side fold landscape and the last quarter of the front is cut off.

What you need...

Patterned papers: Country Drive 12" x 12" Collection Kit - Echo Park
Card stock: pale orange, orange, bright orange
Ink pad: Onyx Black - Versafine
Punch: corner rounder
Ribbon: orange grosgrain
Gel pen: white
Adhesives

What you do...

Cover the inside of a side fold landscape blank in orange card. Trim 1/4 from the front panel and cover in orange spotty paper. Round off the corners and tie orange ribbon around the end of the card front.

Download the templates and cut one whole orange slice and two halves in shades of orange, inking the edges black. Assemble the slices and highlight with white pen and adhere to the front panel. Create a sentiment on a piece of pale orange card, round the two right hand side corners and fix to the inside right.

I used a computer and printer to make the sentiment, but you could hand write one or create one using rub-on lettering.

If you want to download the templates for my fruity concoctions; you can still do so from the Crafts Beautiful website. You will need to register to be able to download templates and free patterned papers; but it's quick, simple and free! 

The Country Drive Collection Kit is not widely available now, but you can still get one from here (Craftie Charlie). Any orange paper with a simple pattern would work just as well.

Well, I shall sign off for now. Hopefully I will get a couple of quick makes in. I owe you a Cricut Mini project from last week as well as this week.

Thanks for popping by, see you soon xxxx

post signature

5 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful sunny card.Lovely bright colors
Gr Elly

UTs Hobby Time said...

Such a cute card. Love the colors.

Ayushi Juneja said...

lovely card Colette..! :)
Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

What a refreshing card for such a hot day, it's making my mouth water just looking at it Colette :)
Hugs
Dawn xxx

Sonia said...

Hi my dearest friend:)
I come back from the vacations with my daughter, how are you? I saw Your last creations, all Wonderful as always and This is Adorable:))
Big hug and happy weekend:)
Sonia