Wednesday 4 December 2013

Merry & Bright Star

Mewnin peeps!
I would like to show you a card I made a few weeks ago (before I started all my magazine commissions). I've only just got round to editing the photo.
I did a similar card last year, but used kraft card. I thought it would look nice on white, so here it is...



What you need...

Patterned paper: red swirl
Dies: Tim Holtz Scallops (656627); Star, Primitive #2 with bonus embossing folder (657368) - Sizzix
Card: white, kraft
Ink pad: Vintage Sepia - Versafine
Stamps: Let It Snow - Penny Black
Garden & parcel twine
Button - star, wood
Beads - small, red, wood
Florists wire - green
Stems - Canadian Pine, fine - DoCrafts
What you do...

Die cut scallops along one edge of a piece of patterned paper and trim so it measures 9.5cm x 13cm and mount onto a 13.5cm square blank. Wrap and tie frayed parcel twine around the card and stamp 'Merry & Bright' in the bottom right hand corner in Vintage Sepia.

Die cut and emboss the star in white card, mount it onto kraft card and trim. Distress it with Vintage Sepia and adhere to the blank with foam tape.

Create the embellishment by doubling over florists wire, wrap it around a pokey tool to create a small spiral. Thread through a bead, pull taut so the spiral sticks in the bead hole.

Make three of these, twist together and arrange with three short lengths of pine stem. Wrap garden twine around to secure and tie in a bow. Fray parcel twine and thread through a wood star (enclosing the pine stems at the back), tie in a knot, positioning it on top of the bow. Glue to the right of the embossed star.

You can see the original kraft card version here. I think they look good both on white and kraft card.

I have resigned myself to the fact that I'm really not going to get any more Christmas cards made now. Although I think I will keep making the odd one and store it for next year (yeah, right).

There are a few Crafts Beautiful and PaperCrafter projects I still need to show you which are Christmassy.

So I will say ta-ta for now and I'll be back soon.

Thanks for popping by :o}


 post signature

8 comments:

paperpapier said...

beautiful Christmas card, love the embossed effect and the added twine gives a unique touch to it!

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful card Colette.
Gr Elly

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is very pretty - love how you inked the embossed star.

Kelly-Anne said...

Such a stunning card, Colette! Your makes are amazing:-) Love, Kelly

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

It's a beautiful design Colette! I love the embossed star and the delicate touch with embellishments. Just lovely! xx

Ayushi Juneja said...

Beautiful card, Colette!! :)

Tindaloo said...

neat layout and awesome embelilishes! :)

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

This one is gorgeous Colette!!! What to say! so Christmassy!!