Wednesday 17 September 2014

Warm Wishes - Crafts Beautiful Oct 2014 Issue

Good afternoon my lovelies!

It's very autumnal here in Norfolk today. Still mild, but there is that lovely mist in the air that you only get in the autumn :o)

Anyhoo, I have the second card from the October issue of Crafts Beautiful to show you. The projects feature paper/card piecing.




What you need...

My lovely, cosy templates: Crafts Beautiful
Textured card stock: textured aqua, cream, chocolate brown, pale aqua, pale pink
Ink pad: Rich Cocoa - Memento
Blending tool: Inkssentials - Ranger
Punch - corner rounder
Gems: clear
Lettering: Basic Grey
Baker's twine: pink, brown
Adhesives

What you do...

Use the templates to cut out a pale aqua mug and handle, an aqua inner, a pink snowflake and cream steam.
Ink the edges of each with Rich Cocoa ink, then assemble straight onto chocolate brown card and trim to leave a narrow border.
Round the top right corner of a white A6 blank.
Cut a slightly smaller section of pale pink card, round the top right corner, ink the edges and attach to the blank.
Use foam pads to mount the mug onto the blank.
Add lettering to make a sentiment in the top right. 
Wrap and tie pink and brown twine around the spine and add a few gems to finish.

Ta dah!

Ooh! It makes you want a lovely mug of hot steamy cocoa.

Craft tip!!! I used some cream lettering from a sheet of alphabet stickers by Basic Grey. I then coloured them in with a brown Promarker. Great if you want to match up your colours.

The templates are in the back of the October issue or you can download them free from the Crafts Beautiful website. You will need to register to download templates, patterns and papers, but it quick, easy and free to do. There are loads of projects and ideas on the web site.

Just before I go, the new Christmas Special issue will be hitting the shops on Friday. I have a lovely snowflake paper cutting master class, 3D bauble cards and I'm featured in the 'Ask the Expert' pages on how to cut out circles by hand and what triple stamping is. 

Ooh! Get me! Colette (I am a fountain of knowledge) Smith. Bwah har!

Anyway peeps. I have to sign off for now, but I'll be back. Toodle-pip! xx

post signature

1 comment:

lucretia said...

What a beautiful card with great colours.