Wednesday 26 August 2015

So I Ate It...

Hello there my lovelies!

Well lately I've been busy beavering away with commissions for Crafts Beautiful. I'd done all the six stages for the Master Class and was finishing of the main card and spilt glue all over the card - grrr! I had to re-do it all over again. Usually my commissions go quite well, but this month, I don't know what has gone wrong! Anyhoo, I managed to get it finished.

I'd like to show you a little card from a set of three I did for a recent issue of Crafts Beautiful with a comical cat theme.



What you need...

Stamp: A Little Bird (40-327) - Penny Black
Patterned papers: Dots & Stripes 8x8 Paper Pad (#DS15032) - Echo Park
Card stock: white
Promarkers
Ink pad: Onyx Black - Versafine
Ribbon: red, pale blue
Button: white
Punch: corner rounder
Adhesives

What you do...

Cover a top fold blank with red polka dot paper and round off the top left corner. 
Stamp the cat, birdcage and sentiment onto white card and colour in.
Stick the image to the top of the blank and round off the to left corner.
Wrap and secure red ribbon below the image with the open ends at the left, snip the ends into fishtails.
Glue the button tied with pale blue ribbon to the left.

Ta-dah!

I absolutely adore these cats by Penny Black. Margaret Sherry is a very talented illustrator. I kept the colouring quite loose to give a watercolour, sketchy look.

I hope you like my cheeky feline card. Thank you for looking and I'll be back soon :o) xx

post signature

4 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Love this!!!!

Pia S said...

Haha, that's a brilliant sentiment, so perfect with this image. I very much like what you did with the ribbon and the one rounded corner is a nice touch too.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous fun card, love the sentiment.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hahaha, I love it! You know I'm a cat lover - this is awesome!