Thursday 17 March 2016

Cute Picture Frame!

Hello peeps!

Happy St. Patrick's day to you all (especially to June & Stephen)!

Our cat Bazoo makes an appearance in the current issue of PaperCrafter (#93). I was asked to design five projects using items from my craft stash with a cup cake theme. One was to come up with a cute frame using a cup cake wrapper.



I couldn't find a white frame anywhere (typical, when you don't need one there are hundreds to be found). I bought a black one, sanded it, added a couple of coats of white acrylic paint, added a coat of crackle varnish and then another of white paint. They effect is lovely and I'm really pleased with it.

I created a bright aqua background and added some leaf shapes and a stem in bright green card. I managed to find some gorgeous flower printed cup cake cases. I stuck a lovely black and white photo of Bazoo in the centre of the case.

The little cup cake topper sticks are part of the collection too. Check out the current issue of PaperCrafter (93) to find out all the items used and details on how to make. Of course the mag is jam packed with lots of other great projects, ideas, hints and tips. The free gift this month is a 10 in 1 score board and there are some great projects in the mag on what you can make with it.

Well, I'm off now, loads to do, thank you for popping by! TTFN! x


No comments: