Monday 19 November 2012

Blue Bird of Happiness

Evenin' friends!
Hope you all had a lovely weekend. Not sure where mine went to really...
It is my friend Stephen's birthday on Friday. He has a brilliant sense of humour and I know he will smile when he sees this card I've created, the look on the bird's face just says it all. The stamp set is another one from the excellent Art Impressions Zoo Crew Collection.
So here it is....




Ingredients...

Stamps: Buzzard Set (4194) - Art Impressions
Paper: Doodle Deux 6"x6" Paper Stack - Prima
Ink: Onyx Black - Versafine
Cardstock: black, white
Embossing powder: Detail Clear - Stampendous
Promarkers
Button: black
Ribbon: black

Method...

Stamp and emboss the bird and sentiment, trim and mat onto black card. Colour in the bird. Cut strips of patterned paper and adhere (at angles) onto a top fold A6 blank. Attach the bird to the top right corner and the sentiment at the bottom left, lining up each with the card edge.

Wrap ribbon around the card between the image and sentiment, thread through a black button and secure on the left, trim the ends. There you have it!

This card is so funny. It lends itself very well to a male card, though I can think of a few ladies who would like it. I also tried to pick papers that complimented the colour of the bird, without taking over. This collection from Prima was just perfect.

I'm signing off for now, thanks for calling and I'll post again soon with another Christmas card. Happy evening all! xx


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this Colette! I think it is so funny :)
Hugs
Dawn x

Nikbee said...

A fantastic card. I love the paper stripes.
Nikki x