Friday 5 April 2013

Scooting By To Say Hi

Hello Peeps!
Hope you are all fit and well! Before I show you the card for today, I want to thank you all for all the lovely comments you leave me, not only on here, but also on Busymitts. I really appreciate it :o)
So, onto my card. I am absolutely mad about Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies, especially from the 1950's and early 1960's. I have been watching a few of late (on my laptop whilst being creative) and I was inspired by the quirky backgrounds on some of the toons.
There is this fantastic stamp set by Paper Smooches called Spiffy Scooters which I've had for a while and have been dying to use.


You know what it's like when sometimes you don't have inspiration, then suddenly something pops in your head. Thanks to Looney Tunes it did! I also have some WRMK stamps from the Tiffany collection called On the Town, they are a little set of houses which again are very 1950's retro, perfect for what I wanted.

Here is the grand masterpiece...


The set came with a little flag for the scooter, which is wonderful, but I had the idea of making one out of white florists wire and red/white striped washi tape.




What you need...

Stamps: Spiffy Scooters - Paper Smooches; On the Town (Tiffany Collection) - WRMK
Card stock: turquoise, white, lime, grey
Ink: Onyx Black - Versafine
Embossing powder: Detail Clear - Stampendous
Promarkers: Eggnog, Ice Grey 1, Ice Grey 5, Icicle, Poppy, Pumpkin
Washi tape: red/white diagonal stripe - MT
Florist wire: white
Glitter dots
Adhesives 

What you do...

Create a white 13cm x 15cm top fold blank. Stamp a row of houses along a piece of turquoise card. Adhere to the blank at an angle and trim the excess. Cut a piece of lime and grey card at an angle and attach under the row of houses, again trimming any excess.

Stamp and emboss the scooter, two large and two small cloud shapes, colour and cut out. To make the flag, bend over one end of a length of florists wire, lay in the centre of a piece of washi tape and fold over so it sticks to itself, then trim into a triangle. Secure onto the reverse of the scooter.

Attach all the elements to the blank and finish with the sentiment stamped in the bottom right corner and glitter dots on one of the clouds.

You can use any little house or town landscape stamps for the background. I didn't stamp them perfectly straight to help give the 'quirky' look.

I love this card, the inspiration came at the right time and it's perfect for the 'oh so difficult to make for' men. Sorted!

Right, me lovelies. I'm scooting (sorry - bad pun) off meself now. Take care, have a great weekend and I'll be back soon enough.xxx
   
post signature


2 comments:

Nikbee said...

A wonderful card. I love the bright colours and the scooter is very funky.
Nikki x

Sonia said...

Good afternoon my dear friend^_^
This card is really wonderful, very beautiful image and colors used^_^
Hugs,
Sonia