Monday 20 October 2014

Cemetarie & Bunny - Lacy Sunshine/Incy Wincy

Good afternoon peeps!

Well we have another great challenge for you over at Incy Wincy Designs, this week being a sketch challenge; believe me when I say I found this one really difficult. 

I'm a CAS person so I would not normally do a layout such as this one. Then again, it is a challenge isn't it? We all have to step out of our comfort zone sometimes :o)

This weeks sponsor is the fab Lacy Sunshine Stamps and the lucky winner will get a prize of  3 digis!


Here is the sketch designed by the lovely Karen...


...and how I tackled it...



Isn't she adorable? The image is called Cemetarie & Bunny and she can be found here.

I decided to make her into a more 'girly' Halloween card, I got my inspiration for the colours from the fab Frankie & Friends Collection by Simple Stories. I kept her colouring to lilacs, aqua and greys with that little pop of burnt orange for the bunny eyes and patch. I loved colouring her in :o)

Here is a list of the items you need...

Card stock: black, white
Digi stamp: Cemetarie & Bunny (Lady Heather's Curiosities) - Lacy Sunshine
Patterned papers: Frankie & Friends 12" x 12" Collection Pack - Simple Stories
Promarkers: Amethyst, Burnt Orange, Ginger, Ice Grey 1,2,3,4 & 5, Lilac, Lime Twist, Orchid, Pastel Beige, Pastel Green
Adhesives

The Pastel Green Promarker is more of a subtle aqua than green, but it was perfect for this image. 

I used a white 'happy' rub-on and a small Halloween die-cut from my stash for the sentiment. 

The black roses were made by hand-cutting a rough circle and then cutting it into a spiral. Next scrunch it and then roll it up and add a spot of glue to the base to secure. Simple!

Why not head on over to Incy Wincy and check out what my talented teamies have done and have a go at the challenge? 

That's me for the moment, thanks for popping by :o) xxx

post signature

1 comment:

KT Fit Kitty said...

You rocked the sketch! Awesome card! Love the colours!