Saturday 30 March 2019

Monster Hugs

Hello blog friends!

Happy Saturday to you all. It is a bright, sunny Spring morning here.

I would like to show you a card I made for a male friend. I purchased a cute monster themed set of stamps and couldn't wait to use them.



What you need...

Card stock: white
Stamps: More Monsters (CS-222) - My Favorite Things
Ink pads: Extreme Black - My Favorite Things; Mermaid, Celery, Fizz - Avery Elle
Patterned paper: Daily Details 12" x 12" (Spooktacular Collection) - Bella Blvd
Dies: circles
Flat back pearls: black
Adhesives

What you do...

1 Stamp the monsters onto white card in the coloured inks, then stamp the faces onto the monsters in black ink.

2 Cut a strip of spotty paper 6.5cm x 10.5cm and die cut three circles across it. Back each circle with a monster.

3 Fix the paper strip to a white landscape blank, leaving enough space at the bottom for the sentiment.

4 Stamp the sentiment and some stars in the lower right corner and add black pearls to each of the eyes.

This stamp set is so cute, each monster has his own unique face that you can over stamp. The faces would look good stamped onto pumpkin motifs. There is also a die set available to go with the stamps.

I think monster cards are fun to give to adult males rather than the generic car, sport and golf cards. Men are all big kids at heart. I've done a monster card for my husband's birthday, so I'll share that with you soon.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you like my little monster card. TTFN!


No comments: