Thursday 24 September 2020

Moonlight Deer

Good afternoon!

I'm back with another Christmas card. PaperCrafter asked some of its designers about their Christmas card makes for a feature in the current issue (#152). At the time I was working on a lovely card featuring some reindeer, a gorgeous moonlit sky and snowy background.
What you need...

Dies: 
Delightful Deer - My Favorite Things
Birch Trees - Mama Elephant
Stitched - Paper Smooches
Circles - Sizzix

Stamps:
Christmas Sampler

Ink pads:
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Blueprint Sketch - Ranger
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Salty Ocean
Onyx Black - Versafine

Masking paper:
Masking Magic - Gina K

Card stock:
Brown
Tan
White

Embellishments:
Itty Bitty Stars Rainbow Delight - Little Things from Lucy's Cards

Gel pen:
White UM-153 - Uni-ball Signo

What you do...

1 Cut an 11cm square of white card. Cut an 11cm square of masking paper and die cut a 9cm circle in the centre. Place over the white card stock.

2 Die cut a 2.5cm circle of masking paper and place within the circle.

3 Blend the Blueprint Sketch and Salty Ocean inks within the circle making it lighter around the inner circle. Remove the masks.
4 Create a 12cm x 14cm white blank and mat the blended panel centrally at the top.

5 Die cut three birch trees in white. Place one at the left. Use the curved stitched die to create a snowbank approximately 5cm deep and attach to the bottom of the blank. 

6 Add some snow in the sky with the white gel pen.
7 Die cut the two reindeer and assemble.

8 Add the two remaining birch trees and one of the reindeer.
9 Create another smaller snow bank and fix to the bottom of the blank along with the remaining reindeer.

10 Add a sentiment to the bottom left. Finish with a few stars.

I'd taken some extra photos of the process in case they wanted them for the feature, so rather than waste them I thought it would be a good idea to use them in these instructions.

I was so pleased with this card and the colour scheme is crisp and fresh.

Also in the magazine I have an adorable reindeer card. This one showcases a spin element where several reindeer dance around Rudolph sitting the middle. This is featured in my monthly Step by Step tutorial, where you can learn a technique in 9 steps. It is simple to make and such fun to play with.
PaperCrafter issue 152 is out until 15th October. For more ideas, free templates, projects and inspiration why not pop over to the PaperCrafter website?

Well, this has been quite a long winded blog post. I normally don't do posts about my magazine makes but I just wanted to share this adorable reindeer spin card with you.

Thank you for popping by and I'll be back soon with another make.


1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Colette, I'm glad you've done your magazine makes, that's where I found you LOL. I LOVE your reindeer card so beautifully put together, thanks for the tut on it too. Your reindeer card is an absolute delight too. Love them both.
Keep safe
Faith x