Friday 17 August 2012

Birthday Butterflies

Aft'noon Peeps!

Three posts in one week! I'm on a bit of an energy kick at the mo. I'm hoping to post a bit more often. We'll see....

Just finished another commission for Crafts Beautiful, all I need to do now is to check the instructions and it's ready to post. Then I must start getting on with Christmas cards before I start the next commission. Loving all this creativity!

Here is today's creation. I made it for my Auntie Elma's birthday. I haven't really done butterflies in the past, but I fell in love with this stamp set.




The cloud paper is by American Crafts, the ink pads are Violet, Lime and Mountain Lake by Versacolor and the stamps are Butterflies and Blooms by Craftwork Cards. The card is an A6 portrait top fold. Teal card, purple ribbon, teal twine a few adhesive gems and a rub-on sentiment were used.

The clarity of these stamps is amazing, even when using a normal pigment ink rather than a Versafine. The stamp set has the patterned butterflies, but also some solid ones so you could stamp in layers!

Righto, off to make a brew. Thanks for popping in!

Colette x

4 comments:

Nikbee said...

A fantastic card. I love the brightly coloured butterflies.
Nikki x

Unknown said...

Wow, you are doing so well this week Colette! :) It's great to see your creations and this one is beautiful. I love the butterfly stamps they are wonderful!
Love
Dawn xxx

Rachel said...

Hi Colette, what a pretty card! Love the colours. Thanks for popping by my blog, Wedgie xxx

Colette said...

You're welcome Wedgie. Thank you for your lovely comment.

Colette xx