Sunday 10 March 2013

A Pear-fect Mum!

Howdy chums - me again!
As promised, I'd like to show you the card I did for my mum :)
I actually used sticky-back canvas on this card. Just to add that extra bit of texture. It's really versatile as you can die cut it, stamp on it, fray it and probably lots of other things too.



What you need...
Stamps: Alphadot - Paper Smooches
Dies: Sizzlits Basic Grey Pear & Leaf (657227); Framelits Circles (657551) - Sizzix
Punch: corner rounder
Sticky-back canvas: White, Claudine Hellmuth Studio - Ranger
Patterned paper: American Crafts
Ink: Jet Black - StazOn
Card stock: black
Button: pear green - Basic Grey
Parcel string

What you do...
Round the bottom right corner of a top fold 15cm square blank. Die cut a large circle in pear paper and a smaller one in canvas. Arrange and adhere the circles at the bottom right corner, allowing the pear paper one to overlap the sides, trim any excess.
Die cut the pear and leaf twice in co-ordinating papers, the centre of the pears in canvas and the pips in black card. Back the leaves with black card, assemble the pears and adhere to the canvas circle.

Stamp the sentiment onto a strip of canvas. Trim into a banner and fray the edges. Stick onto pear paper and trim. Attach the banner to the top left of the blank. Separate a length of parcel string into narrower strands, thread three through the button and tie in a bow. Glue to the end of the sentiment.
I loved working with the canvas and it goes along way because you get five 12"x12" sheets in a pack. It is still widely available, but you can buy it from  http://www.thestampman.co.uk/claudine-hellmuth---sticky-back-canvas-12-x-12-5-sheets---white-1052-p.asp for £9.59 (RRP: £11.99)

These pears are making me feel hungry, I think I'll have to go and munch on something.
Thanks for calling in and I'll be back later with another card :0)

2 comments:

Sonia said...

What a cute card^_^
I love your funny style,so fresh ^_^
Hugs,
Sonia

UTs Hobby Time said...

Nice one.Love the patterned paper.