Friday 16 May 2014

Dude (created with Cricut Explore)

Afternoon chums!

It's a beautiful day here in Norfolk. I spent the morning pottering in the garden with the chicken girls (I'll have to get some recent photos of them), cleaning out the fish pond and the pumps (yuk). Now I've come back inside to get on with commissions, but I thought I would give you a peek at the card I made for Robert, my brother-in-law.

And here is the fine specimen...




Robert hasn't got a moustache, doesn't wear glasses or a bow tie, but I thought these images were too cool to ignore.

What you need...

Die-cutting machine: Cricut Explore
Images: Brooklyn Iron-on #M365CF
Lettering: Cricut Alphabet Font
Vinyl: Black - Cricut
Papers: Hipster 6x6 Paper Pad - Basic Grey
Card blank: white A6 top fold
Adhesives

What you do...

Select the image (all three are linked) and re-size to fit your blank. Cut out the images in black vinyl. Carefully peel the glasses and the bow tie from the backing sheet and stick to patterned papers. Carefully cut each one out.

Mat a piece of the red dot paper to the top of the blank so it comes down just over half way. Attach the glasses, moustache and bow tie to the patterned panel.

With the Cricut Alphabet font cut out the words 'Dude' and 'Happy Birthday' in black vinyl. Apply the 'Dude' to the front of the blank, and the 'Happy Birthday' inside.

It literally took me minutes to create this simple card. In fact, it took me longer to choose the papers!

At the launch in London, I decorated a plain cream cotton bag using Cricut Iron-on. I chose a cartoon image of a Jolly Roger and cut him out in black glitter iron-on and then gave him a moustache in raspberry pink! I'll post a couple of pics of him and I think I might do a quick card to match as well.

The only thing I need to point out is that when you do searches in the Design Space for images, bear in mind that it is American, so you will have to search with words spelt the American way.

Tip:- If you want to search for moustache, you need to spell it 'mustache' :o) Most of our words that have an 'ou' in them are usually spelt without the 'u' in American English.

Well, I hope you like my little creation. Thanks for calling by and I'll see you soon xxx

post signature



2 comments:

Berina RGA said...

very nice... love this card...
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

Unknown said...

Wow really cool card Colette :) Glad you get time to enjoy the garden and your chicken girls in between all your commission work.
Hugs
Dawn x