Saturday 20 October 2018

Inktober 2018 - 8th - 14th October (inc)

Hi blog friends!

Hello to my new subscribers, thank you so much for following me.

I would like to share with you the next seven days of Inktober. I can't say it has been easy, some of the illustrations have taken nearly a full day to shade in, especially the ones that have dot shading.

So far I'm pleased with what I have done. Sketching and inking each day has certainly given me more focus, enthusiasm and energy to draw and I want to carry on with daily sketching and illustrating after Inktober has finished. This will help towards a new venture I'm hoping to start in the new year.

I am actually keeping up with the spooky Halloween theme, I thought I might have run out of ideas, but there are plenty still going around my head. I find myself sketchy rough thoughts out at 11.30 at night.

As with last time, I will list each item used below the picture. The book I'm sketching is Leuchturm 1917 Medium Pad (145mm x 210mm).

Anyhoo, here we go...

8th October - Witchy Poo

Derwent Precision 0.5mm, Sakura Pigma Micron 005 & 01

9th October - Fearsome Fruit and Vile Veg

Derwent Precision 0.5mm, Sakura Pigma Micron 005 & 01

10th October - Spooky Coffin

Derwent Precision 0.5mm, Sakura Pigma Micron 005 & 01, Winsor & Newton Ink Black, William Mitchell Mapping Pen, Posca White 0.7mm

11th October - Pumpkin Scarecrow

Derwent Precision 0.5mm, Sakura Pigma Micron 005 & 01

12th October - Spooks

Derwent Precision 0.5mm, Sakura Pigma Micron 005 & 01, Winsor & Newton Ink Black, Posca White 0.7mm

13th October - Spooky Spider

Derwent Precision 0.5mm, Sakura Pigma Micron 01

14th October - Pumpkin Patch

Derwent Precision 0.5mm, Sakura Pigma Micron 005, 01, 02 & 08, Posca White 0.7mm

I again apologise for the photo quality - not brill at all :o( 

Just for information, in the fruit and veg sketch, the first one is a pea who then turns into a pea demon on Halloween. the other two are self explanatory really.

I hope you like this set of sketches. I am still on track and will be back next week with the next seven. Thank you for stopping by and I'll see you soon. x


2 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

WOW brilliant sketching!!!
Carol x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fantastic images Colette, I particularly love the witch, however the rest of the images are just as wonderful and beautifully sketched.
Faith
x