Friday 8 May 2020

Poppy Thanks

Hello there!

I hope you are all keeping well.

I'm back with another card to share with you. This one I made for some dear friends to thank them for the birthday goodies they gave me.

I decided to go elegant with a beautiful stamp set by Altenew called Poppy Garden. I also used the co-ordinating stencil and mask set. I created the background with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink in Candied Apple. The photo doesn't really do the colour justice as the red in real life is a very bright true red. The centre of the poppy was highlighted with dimensional gloss by Nuvo.

So without further ado, here it is...

What you need...

Stamps:
Poppy Garden - Altenew

Stencils/masks:
Poppy Garden Mask Stencil - Altenew

Ink pads:
Extreme Black - My Favorite Things
Candied Apple Tim Holtz Distress Oxide - Ranger

Die:
Thanks - Paper Smooches

Dimensional medium:
Morning Dew Crystal Drops - Nuvo

Glitter Spray:
Sparkle Sheer Shimmer Craft Spray - Imagine Crafts

Embellishments:
Droplets - The Stamp Market


What you do...

1 Stamp the poppy towards towards the lower right corner of white cardstock 10cm x 14cm. Mask off and stamp several leaves.

2 Keeping the masks in place, apply the Candied Apple ink with a blending brush (or sponge). Blend so that the colour gently fades towards the top of the piece of card.

Spritz the panel with the shimmer spray, when dry remove the masks and trim the card to 9.5cm x 13.5cm. 

4 Die cut the 'thanks' several times in white card and once in black. Stack the layers finishing with the black one on top. Add to the panel just above the poppy.

5  Mat onto a white top fold blank 10cm x 14cm with foam tape.

6 Add some Nuvo drops to the centre of the poppy and attach a few droplets around the poppy to decorate.

This is another card that is a little different for me, but I so enjoyed playing with the ink and masks. It got quite messy at one point and with the ink being bright red it looked like I had massacred someone.

I love the subtle sheen that the shimmer spray gives to the background. I also like it when you get a few larger droplets of it.

I'm going to have another play with this stamp set and masks and maybe create a card where the poppies are coloured and the background is left white.

Thank you for stopping by, keep safe and well and I'll be back soon. 


2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW!, What a beautiful card, the red will make this pop in the mantlepiece. Love the poppy corner. The Thanks is great too.
Keep safe and well
Faith x

Elizabeth Hart said...

I love that you colored the background and left the flower the pop of white - fabulous look. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations challenge, Elizabeth (DT)