Monday 4 May 2020

Ketchup

Hello there!

I hope you are still keeping well. 

I am so off the plot at the moment. It was my birthday yesterday and I didn't realise it was coming up until the other day, plus normally today we celebrate Mayday in the UK, but I only remembered earlier today that this year it has been moved to Friday the 8th to celebrate VE day. I really need to leave orbit and come back to earth!

Anyway, on with today's card. I was going through my lovely Paper Smooches stamps sets and decided on this cute little fellow.

What you need...

Stamps:
Vegtastic - Paper Smooches
Picture It - Avery Elle

Dies:
Vegtastic - Paper Smooches

Ink pads:
Extreme Black - My Favorite Things

Patterned paper:
Highline 6x6 Paper Pad - Basic Grey

Copic:
Cool Gray C-1, Cool Gray C-3, Salmon Red R05, Cadmium Red R27, Green Bice YG01, Acid Green YG07

What you do...

1 Stamp the photo frame and cut out along with the inner section. Add Cool Grey 1 and 3 to add definition.

2 Back the inner section with a piece of the yellow patterned paper from the Basic Grey pad.

3 Stamp the 'Washi' tape strips, colour in and cut out.

4 Stamp the tomato, colour and cut out using the matching die. Fix the tomato to the patterned section of the photo frame.

5 Stamp the 'comment' section to the frame and the speech bubble with the 'We must ketchup' sentiment. Cut out the speech bubble.

6 Attach the photo frame to a white top fold 10.5cm x 14.5cm blank. Add the 'Washi' strips and the speech bubble.

After the lockdown has ended, this would be an excellent card to send to a friend to arrange a coffee and a good catch up chat.

Sadly the Picture It set is no longer available, however there are other stamp sets featuring Polaroid style frames by other brands out there. There are some dies available too. Alternatively you could create your own picture frame by cutting a rectangle with rounded corners and snipping out a section from the centre. There are also lots of stamp sets out there with speech bubbles.

I hope you like my cute little make. I've never seen such a happy tomato! 

I'm going to sign off for now. Thanks for popping by and I'll be back soon.


1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I hope you had a Wonderful Birthday Colette, with lots of cake and perhaps a little drinkie or 2?
Love your smiley card, it's such a happy creation.
Keep safe and well.
Faith x