Sunday 26 July 2020

Rainbow Heart

Hello there!

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. I recently went away for a few days with some friends to a remote cottage up in the Lake District. We did lots of walking and laughing! After getting home, I had to get a few projects done for the magazines, so sadly the blog had to wait.

Well I'm back now! I have a lovely little heart/rainbow themed card to share with you. I hope you like!

What you need...

Stamps:
Positive Strokes - Paper Smooches

Dies:
Hello Love - Paper Smooches

Ink pads:
Bluebird - Wendy Vecchi
Buttercup
Tiger Lily
Peony Purple - Impress
Sour Apple - My Favorite Things
Melon Mambo - Stampin' Up!

Gems:
Black

Card stock:
Black
White

What you do...

1 Trim a piece of white card 10cm square. Stamp the brush strokes vertically down the left hand side in rainbow colours.

2 Cover a 10.5cm square blank with black card and mat the rainbow panel onto it.

3 Die cut the heart several times in black card (I did five) and stack together with wet adhesive.

4 Attach the heart towards the right of the blank. Add some gems to decorate.

I love the bright rainbow brush strokes against the white background and the black just makes the whole thing pop.

Stacking several die cuts really makes the image pop. You can get the same effect by cutting the image once in your chosen card and then once in craft foam. A great technique.

Well, that is all for now. Thank you so much for stopping by and I'll be back soon with another make. It won't be long now before I start posting Christmas makes up - yikes!

Take care!

1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Glad you enjoyed your break, sounds great fun. Love your rainbow card with the paint strokes, the heart die is a fab addition. Another Super card Colette.
Faith x