Wednesday 18 November 2020

Cold Outside

Good afternoon!

I know I promised another Halloween card, but I got busy and too much time has passed now, so I will share it with you next year...maybe. So, I have a lovely Christmas card instead.

This elegant card uses some simple die cut snowflakes with some Distress Oxide ink a printed die cut sentiment and a touch of sparkle.


What you need...

Dies:
Large Snowflakes - Paper Smooches

Ink pads:
Salty Ocean Tim Holtz Distress Oxide - Ranger

Printed die cut:
Wish Season Ephemera Pack - Fancy Pants Designs

Shimmer Spray:
Sparkle Sheer Shimmer Spray - Imagine Crafts

Embellishments:
Blue Lagoon Lucky Dip - Little Things from Lucy's Cards

Cardstock:
White

Extras:
Foam sheet
Adhesives

What you do...

1 Cut a piece of white card 3⅝" x 4⅞" and apply Salty Ocean ink in the centre with a blending brush or foam pad blending out the edges.

2 Spray Sparkle shimmer over the surface allowing some larger droplets to fall. Allow to dry.

3 Die cut two large snowflakes in white card and three small snowflakes. Arrange onto the inked panel.

4 Mat the inked panel onto a smaller piece of foam sheet. Create a 4¼" x 5½" white blank and mat the panel centrally onto it.

5 Add some gems and sequins to the centre of the snowflakes and add the sentiment with foam pads.

I'm afraid my photo doesn't really do the card justice. I can't seem to get the right settings on my camera for good close up work. The exposure is never spot on. I tend to take the photos in the conservatory with good daylight, but I can't get it right. Any tips would be highly appreciated.

This card would be great using any snowflake dies that you have in your stash along with any printed die cut sentiments you may have or stamp your own. For a different look it would be lovely with a red inked background.

Well, thank you for popping by and I'll be back soon with another Christmas card soon.

Keep safe and take care! x


1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! This is beautiful Colette, love the ink and the snowflakes on the separate raised layer. I know what you mean about getting good light and photos, I've been looking at lighboxes this week, although still to make up my mind.
Keep safe
Faith x