Monday 9 November 2020

Mwaahaahahaaa!

Good morning!

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. The weather here in Norfolk was beautiful and I finally managed to get out in the garden and do some tidying up. I did have a lot of help from my chickens. They had a field day. they just constantly followed me round and scattered all the leaves I had raked up. It's so funny to watch.

As promised, I have another Halloween card I made for a friend, I just adore this one.



What you need...

Stamps:
Ghoulfriends - Paper Smooches
Spooky Sweets - My Favorite Things

Ink pads:
Picked Raspberry Tim Holtz Distress - Ranger
Ripe Persimmon
Seedless Preserves
Onyx Black - Versafine

Masking paper:
Stamping Mask Paper - Inkadinkado

Stencil:
Circle Extraordinaire (ST122) - My Favorite Things

Embellishments:
Crystal Confetti - The Stamp Market
Sparkle Crystal Clear - Spectrum Noir
Glossy Accents - Ranger

Card stock:
White

Extras:
Adhesives
Foam sheet

What you do...

1 Cut a piece of white card to measure 4¼" x 5½". Lay down the circle stencil onto the card and secure in place with low tack tape.

2 Stamp the ghoul in the lower right of the circle. Stamp the ghoul onto masking paper, cut out and place over the original image.

3 Start to blend the Distress inks within the stencil working from Seedless Preserves to Picked Raspberry ending with the Ripe Persimmon.

4 Remove the stencil and mask. Use the stars from the Spooky Sweets set to create a cluster of stars in black ink above the ghoul. Highlight the stars with the Crystal Clear Sparkle.

5 Stamp the 'Mwaahaahahaaa!' below the image panel.

6 Trim the panel to 4" x 5¼", back with a smaller sheet of foam and attach to a 4¼" x 5½" white blank. Add some of the Crystal Confetti to decorate.

The Sparkle Crystal Clear doesn't photograph very well and gives the black a dull greyish tinge. In real life it looked great.

As with a lot of my makes I try and use some older stamps sets such as the Ghoulfriends and newer ones such as the Spooky Sweets. I think it's fun to go back and look in your stash and as there is now more choice now of inks, stencils, dies and embellishments you can give those old stamps a new lease of life.

I have one more Halloween card to share with you and then it is onto the ol' Christmas cards.

Thank you for stopping by and I'll see you soon! 


1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! This is brilliant Colette, I love the impact this has the fab sentiment?
Faith x