Sunday 13 December 2020

Winter Christmas Trees

Hello friends!

I'm back with another card to share with you, this one being Christmas. This is a card I did for my Mum and was inspired by one that Jennifer McGuire created. It is a trifold card where the sides open outwards and uses a beautiful die set by Hero Arts.


What you need...

Dies: 
Winter Pine Fancy Dies - Hero Arts

Stamps:
Silent Night - Concord & 9th

Ink pads:
Chipped Sapphire - Tim Holtz Distress Oxide
Blueprint Sketch
Salty Ocean
Onyx Black - Versafine

Embellishments:
Glass Crystal Collection - Little Things from Lucy's Cards

Extras:
Sparkle Sheer Shimmer Craft Spray - Imagine Crafts
Crystal Clear Sparkle - Spectrum Noir
Titanium White Acrylic Ink - Amsterdam
Adhesives

What you do...

1 To make the trifold section, click here to see the project by Jennifer along with the instructions and measurements - she can explain it better than I ever could!

2 Set the assembled trifold section aside. Cut a piece of card 4¼" x 5½" and blend the three blue inks over the surface. Spritz with the Sparkle spray and use a paintbrush to flick white ink over the surface. Allow to dry.

3 Fix the inked panel to the back of the trifold section. 

4 Add some Crystal sparkle around the edges of the trees and add plenty of the Glass crystals. Stamp the sentiment on the back panel between the trees.

I'm so sorry that the photo doesn't do the card justice, plus it was difficult to position due to the nature of the blank. The best thing is my Mum loved it.

Jennifer did her card with a pink/red/purple background which looked stunning, but I thought I would stick to the traditional blue night sky.

I hope you like my little make and thank you so much for popping by. I'll be back soon with another, until then take care and keep safe.


1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is STUNNING, I'm sure your Mum will love it. so Sparkly too.
Faith x