Wednesday 17 March 2021

Spring Roses Mother's Day Card - Altenew & Concord & 9th

Hi blog friends!

My, it's been a while hasn't it? I hope you are all still keeping safe and well in this crazy world.

To be honest I haven't really been making cards for personal use, the craft magazines have been keeping me exceptionally busy and after finishing those projects, I just wasn't in the mood. 

Anyhoo, with Mother's day coming up, I knew I had to get creating. I am a big fan of Altenew and last year I purchased their beautiful die set called Spring Roses. 

This die set consists of three quite large clusters of roses. I knew that I wanted to make my Mum a card using these dies. I teamed them up with some bold lettering by Concord & 9th and some subtle stencilling.

What you need...

Dies: 
Spring Roses - Altenew
Double Cut Alphabet - Concord & 9th

Stencil:
Basic Spots - Clearly Besotted

Ink pad:
Sprout - Concord & 9th

Card stock:
Key Lime - Silhouette Self Adhesive
Leaf Green
Mint
Black
Solar White 110lb - Neenah Classic Crest

Embellishments:
Lucky Dip Night - Little Things from Lucy's Cards

Extras:
Adhesives

What you do...

1 Die cut the larger of the double cluster of roses once each in Black, Mint and Key Lime. Use a small piece of Leaf Green to cut the small cluster of spiky leaves.

2 Cut a 10.5cm x 13.5cm piece of the white card and with the Sprout ink, stencil an area of spots in the centre of the card, blending to a fade.

3 Attach the roses to the lower right corner. Then infill with the Leaf Green, Key Lime and Mint die cut pieces.

4 Die cut the 'MUM' from the Black card and adhere above the rose cluster and add some black gems.

5 Mat the panel onto an 11cm x 14cm top fold blank.

I was debating as to create the roses with pink card, but I'm glad I went with the Mint colour. My Mum loved it. Remember to keep all the extra die cuts to create another card. 

Before I started to infill the roses, I noticed it looked really good with just the outline of the flowers over the stencilled background, I will have to do that one in a future project.

I will sign off for now, I do have a 3D St. Patrick's Day card I did for some friends which was created using my Silhouette, so I'll be back soon with that one.

I am entering this make into the Crafty Creations Challenge #419 - Anything goes. Click here to take you to the challenge.

Thank you for stopping by and see you soon, keep safe!


3 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and love the roses against the delicate stencilled background
Carol x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Good to hear you've been busy and good to see you here. Of course your Mum loved her card, it is very beautiful and I love the colours, filling in the die takes patience. It looks gorgeous.
Keep safe
Faith x

Colette said...

Hi Carol and Faith,
Thank you for your kind comments. I now think I have my own personal craft mojo back. I'm so pleased you liked the card. I would like to use the die again with a different colour scheme.
Colette xx