Friday 26 March 2021

Hey! Friend

Hello there! I hope you are all keeping well.

Nuvo Glimmer Paste! Why, oh why didn't I play around with this stuff when I first purchased it? It's been in my stash for some time and I don't know whether I was a bit frightened of it or just didn't have the inspiration. I'm in love!

I recently purchased the Avery Elle Loads of Hello stamp and die set and thought that these large words would look great over a stencilled background, but with some extra sparkle. This gave me the kick start I needed. Hence, I got on a roll creating a few cards using this wonderful stuff.



What you need...

Stamps: 
Loads of Hello ST-21-11 - Avery Elle

Dies:
Loads of Hello D-21-11 - Avery Elle

Stencil:
Rectangle Trio - My Favorite Things

Ink pads:
Dried Marigold - Tim Holtz Distress Oxide
Picked Raspberry
Wilted Violet
Onyx Black - Versafine

Glimmer paste:
Nuvo Moonstone - Tonic Studios

Card stock:
White

Embellishments:
Crystal Confetti - The Stamp Market

Extras:
Adhesives
Die cutting machine - Sizzix
Blending brushes - Picket Fence
Nuvo Media Spatulas - Tonic Studios

What you do...

1 Cut a piece of white card 10.5cm x 13.5cm, place the stencil towards the top and secure in place with low tack tape.

2 Start at the top of the stencil and blend Dried Marigold ink, followed by Picked Raspberry then Wilted Violet. Allow the ink to dry.

3 Using a spatula, spread some of the Moonstone paste evenly over the stencil. Scrape away the excess and place back in the pot. Remove the stencil. Put the lid back on the pot and wash the stencil and spatula immediately. Allow the paste to dry.

4 Stamp the 'hey!' and 'friend' with black ink. Die cut the 'hey!' and die cut again twice more in white card. Stack the die cuts lining up each layer. Trim the 'friend'.

5 Create an 11cm x 14cm top fold blank and attach the stencilled panel onto it either with foam tape or some layers of scrap card stock. Attach the 'hey! with the 'friend' underneath to the right. Finish with some of the Crystal Confetti.

I am so proud that my photo captured the beauty of this shimmery surface, of course it still isn't as wonderful as in real life. 

It's important that you close the pot of paste and wash your stencil and spatula straight away. This stuff dries quickly and rock hard and will damage your stencil and spatula. I placed a small piece of Press & Seal over the top of the pot before adding the lid. Cling film could also be used.

I am definitely going to use this paste for Christmas cards.

I hope you like my card, I will be back soon with the others I created, two use the remaining large words from the stamp and die sets in a different colour scheme and the third uses some cute cacti stamps.

I am entering this make into the Crafty Creations Challenge #419 - Anything goes. Click here to take you to the challenge.

Keep safe and well and thank you for stopping by.


2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! This is gorgeous Colette, firstly I love the colour combo, then the large word dies, then it hit me! that's what is, it's the SPARKLE WOW! your right it really does glimmer, a GORGEOUS card. OH! no another buy!
Have a great weekend.
Faith x

Colette said...

Hi Faith! So glad you liked the card. The paste is fun to work with and the large word stamps/dies are fab. I've got two more cards using the remaining large words coming up. Similar style with a different colour scheme. Sorry to make you spend money!
You have a fab weekend too.
Colette xx