Wednesday 14 April 2021

Goth Rainbow

Hello there!

I am back with something a little bit different. You may or may not know that I am a heavily tattooed, pierced, always wears black Goth (I do not possess any coloured clothing, apart from one little dress that has skulls and roses on it) and I'm proud to be one.

Well, a lot of people who know me are always surprised that I do such bright and colourful cards. I do love colour, especially lime green and shades of aqua/teal - just not on me.

I am so loving all the rainbows and bright colour schemes that is around at the moment in the card making world and I truly hope that these will never go out of favour. However, I did wonder what a rainbow would look like if it was Goth.

To all those closet Goth rainbows out there, I have made a card just for you...


What you need...

Stamps:
Rainbow Wishes - Concord & 9th

Dies:
Clouds - Paper Smooches

Ink pad:
Obsidian Amalgam  - Gina K

Card stock:
Black
White

Embellishments:
Silver Mix Pearls - Little Things from Lucy's Cards

Extras:
Rub-on lettering
Adhesives

What you do...

1 Cut a piece of white card 6.5" x 4.5". Stamp the arches of the rainbow in black ink, alternating between solid and patterned arches.

2 Die cut two clouds and fix at the ends of the arches.

3 Stamps some raindrops in black ink under each cloud and a heart under the smallest arch.

4 Apply the lettering around the top left of the largest arch. Add some silver pearls to decorate.

5 Mat onto a black 5" x 7" blank.

I had to go large with this card to fit the rainbow in as this is quite a large stamp set. I love the fact that you can mix and match the arches.

I do have some smaller rainbow stamp sets, so I might have to make them Goth too.

This was just a bit of silly, but I hope I have done those Goth rainbows (and Goths) proud!

Thank you for popping by and I'll be back soon with another brightly coloured make.


2 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

What a brilliant idea I love your Goth rainbow!
Carol x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I LOVE this Goth rainbow, such clever details and beautifully made Colette, a great take on the colours with the stamping shapes. VERY clever, I know I said that before, but I think it is.
Faith x