Wednesday 2 June 2021

Celebrate!

Hello again!

I'm back with another colourful card. This one features candles....and lots of them! I came across a gorgeous die by Sizzix and well, I had to have it. 

The die set is so versatile and there are a few ways that you can use it. I made two cards using two very different techniques, I will share the other card with you in my next post.



What you need...

Stamps:
Sentiment Sampler - Paper Smooches

Dies:
Birthday Candles (665071) by Kath Breen - Sizzix

Ink pads:
Dried Marigold Distress Oxide - Tim Holtz
Kitsch Flamingo
Squeezed Lemonade
Twisted Citron
Onyx Black - Versafine

Embellishments:
Over the Rainbow Crystal Collection - Little Things from Lucy's Cards

Card stock:
White

Extras:
Adhesives

Tools:
Big Shot - Sizzix
Blending tools

What you do...

1 Cut a panel of white card to 2⅞" x 6" (7.5cm x 15.5cm). Die cut the candles centrally within the panel.

2 On a slightly smaller piece of white card, blend the inks starting with Kitsch Flamingo followed by Dried Marigold, Squeezed Lemonade and Twisted Citron.

3 Mat the die cut panel onto the inked panel. 

4 Stamp the sentiment onto white card with the Onyx Black, trim and adhere to the centre of the candle panel.

5 Create a white blank 3⅛" x 6¼"  (8cm x 16cm). Add the candle panel with foam tape.

6 Add some gems to some of the candles, matching with the colour of each candle.

I kept all the cut pieces of the candles, these could be inked for a future card. I think this is such a fun card and would be ideal for any recipient, young or old.

As I mentioned before, I made another card with this die and I will be back soon to share it with you. Until then, please take care and happy crafting!


3 comments:

Elizabeth Hart said...

I love what you did with this card and die cut. The colors are fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE the Ombre candles, a beautiful and clever card (again) Colette. It's only recently I had thought about colouring card to match - duh! This shows I have to do it. Great font on the celebrate also.
Faith x

Mari said...

What a cute creation. Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Creative Fingers.