Tuesday 25 May 2021

Cute Elephants

Hello there!

I'm back again with another card...well four actually. I have a cute elephant die set by Sizzix/Craft Asylum in my stash. It's a few years old now and I thought it was about time I played with it again.

I wanted to make a thank you card using the die with four colours. I love the Concord & 9th card stock and inks so I put them to use. I wanted the main card to be a light grey elephant with pale pink, dark pink and dark grey details. I used the Ballet Slipper, Honeysuckle, Dove and Mushroom shades of card. Rather than waste the extra pieces or put them in a baggy to forget about, I decided to make another three additional cards.

For the speech bubble, I used the Ballet Slipper ink, which matched perfectly with the pale pink detailing.




What you need...

Dies:
Elephant Duo (660496) - Craft Asylum/Sizzix

Stamps:
Sketchy Thoughts - Winnie & Walter

Ink Pads:
Ballet Slipper - Concord & 9th
Onyx Black - VersaFine

Card stock:
Ballet Slipper - Concord & 9th
Honeysuckle
Mushroom
Dove
White

Extras:
Adhesives

Tools:
Big Shot - Sizzix

What you do...

1 Die cut the large elephant in Ballet Slipper, Honeysuckle, Mushroom and Dove.

2 Back the detail apertures of the elephant with low tack tape and infill the apertures with Ballet Slipper, Honeysuckle and Mushroom.

3 Mat the elephant onto a white 4¼" x 5½"  (11cm x 14cm) blank.

Stamp the speech bubble above the elephants trunk in Ballet Slipper. Stamp the sentiment within the speech bubble with Onyx Black ink.

These would make a great little gift set if you teamed them up with some matching envelopes and either tied them up with pretty ribbon or placed in a gift box. You can never have too many thank you cards.

Before I go, a wonderful store based in London reached out to me the other day. They are called Joel & Son Fabrics and they sell high end, designer and luxury fabrics. 

I've visited their website and there are truly some gorgeous fabrics to choose from. Perfect if you are making a special gown, outfit or wedding dress. Maybe you want to make some luxury soft furnishings to spice up your home decor. 

They sell everything from good quality cottons to luxurious designer silks. As someone who does sew occasionally and collects fat quarters 'just in case', I did ooh and aah over some of the fabrics.

Joel & Son Fabrics also carry the Royal Warrant from H.M. Queen Elizabeth. 

Why not pop on over and have a look ? Click here to take you to their store. I will also have a link in the Craft & Digi Stamp Shops page.

Thank you for popping by and I'll be back soon. Take care!


1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! My goodness Colette, what wonderful and beautiful cards, you have so much patience, love you made 3 cards, that is dedication! Great elephant shape too with the cutouts. Thanks for the link to the shop, I will send it to my SiL who is a fantastic sewer and has made a few Chanel style jackets and recently won a magazine contest with a dress she made.
Thanks again and for your beautiful work.
Faith x