Thursday 14 June 2018

Floral Thank You

Hello lovelies!

I needed a simple and quick thank you card, so I decided to raid my stash and I came across a cling stamp that I've had for some time and not used (yes, I know, I'm naughty for doing that). 

I wanted to keep the card really simple with a Kraft blank and delicate white inking. I also decided to make the envelope too.



What you need...

Card stock: Kraft
Patterned paper: Darks Color Basics Paper Pad 12" x 12" - K&Company
Stamps: Small Striped Flower (CG256) - Hero Arts; Many Thanks - Paper Smooches
Dies: Labels Fancy #2 (with stamps - 657582) - Sizzix
Ink pad: Pure White Pigment Ink Pad - Avery Elle 
Envelope maker: Envelope Punch Board - WRMK
Gel pen: bright pink
Adhesives

What you do...

1 Create a top fold blank in Kraft card 8.5cm x 12.5cm.

2 Stamp the flower at the lower left corner making sure it goes off the edges. Stamp the sentiment in the top right corner. 

3 When the ink is dry, colour in the centre of the the flower with the gel pen.

4 Following the guide on the Envelope Punch Board, cut a piece of tan patterned paper, score, fold and stick to form the envelope.

5 Stamp the label in white ink onto Kraft card, use the coordinating die to cut it out. Stick centrally to the front of the envelope.

I think making your own envelopes is a great way to use up those papers that you like, but wouldn't use as a scrapbook page or add to a card. The Envelope Punch Board makes it so easy as it has practically every size you could want printed on the maker, plus it has the punch to cut out the indents where the score lines meet and one to round off the flap.

I really enjoyed making this little card, one tip I will give you is that the white pigment ink can smudge. I give a light squirt of hairspray to help fix it in place - it also makes the card smell nice!

Thank you for popping in and I'll be back soon - ta ta for now!


1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

"Simply" Gorgeous, love the white and Kraft with the dash of colour.
Faith
x