Friday 20 March 2020

St. Patrick's Day - Lucky Friend - Silhouette Cameo

Hello blog friends!

I hope that you are all keeping well and safe in these difficult times.

I have two dear friends June & Stephen that I truly love and adore. Stephen is Irish (June is Irish by proxy!) and it's tradition that I send a St. Patrick's Day card every year. 

This year I wanted to do something a little different just to let them know how much they mean to me. I had to wait a couple of days to post this up until I knew they received the card as I know they read my blog.

Great fun was had going through the Silhouette Design Store looking for images, there are literally 100's of St. Patrick's Day images and wording. Most of the images are £0.75 but leading up to St. Patrick's Day they had an offer on and images were reduced by 50%. So £0.37 - bargain! 

Then I came across the design which I thought was perfect.

When I photographed the card, Zuzu was in the background and I had to have her in the photo - supervising!


What you need...

Silhouette image file: Good Friend - Four Leaf Clover #315626 - Jamie Lane Designs 
Self adhesive vinyl: black, green - Cricut
Transfer tape: Cricut
Cardstock: white

What you do...

1 Purchase and download the image. Open the design page and add the image.

2 Re-size to suit.

3 Cut the wording in black vinyl and the clover leaves in the green vinyl. Weed away the excess.

4 Use transfer tape to pick up the image from the backing paper.

5 Create a 15cm square blank and carefully line up the image and rub across the transfer tape to distribute the image. Make sure the image is flat with no air bubbles.

I found it easier to do the lettering first and then add the clover leaves after. Transfer is a God send if you are doing lettering on a project.

I love to use vinyl when doing a card with a lot of wording, it cuts very cleanly and you don't have any fiddly gluing to contend with.

Needless to say June & Stephen loved the card :)

Thank you for popping by, please take care, keep safe and look out for those that need a bit of extra help at the moment.


1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card Colette, I'm sure your friends did too. I have to be careful with my transfer tape, but like the effect of the vinyl.
Faith x