Sunday 29 March 2020

Happy Mother's Day - Silhouette Cameo

Good afternoon blog friends!

My it's cold and windy out there today - brrr! Poor chickens are getting blown around the garden.

This post I would like to show you the card I made for my mum for Mother's Day. Sadly I couldn't visit her as she lives in a care home in the North Yorkshire Dales and with the restrictions in place it meant it was a no go. I did send her a little goodie box to enjoy as well.

I am having a run with the Silhouette at the moment, there are just too many cute designs!

It seems that Zuzu the cat keeps getting in on the picture at the moment. She does like to be in all and everything.


What you need...

Silhouette image file: Heart with Flowers #314131 - Little Luxuries Loft
Silhouette font: PN Popsicle Day Bold #305510 - ScrapNfonts
Self adhesive vinyl: black - Cricut
Card stock: pink, pale pink, red, dark green, red, white
Transfer tape: Cricut
Adhesives

What you do...

1 Purchase and download the image. Open the design page and add the image.

2 Re-size the heart image to suit. I sized it to fit a 6" square blank.

3 Send to cut in your chosen colours.

4 Use the text function to create the sentiment in the Popsicle Bold Font and cut in black vinyl.

5 Assemble the heart and flowers and fix to the top of the blank.

6 Apply the vinyl wording with the help of transfer tape.

I chose to keep the colours in the sample by Silhouette as I thought they were adorable, but of course you can use any colours you want.

At the moment the font is reduced to £1.13 instead of the usual £2.25 and the Heart with Flowers is £0.37 instead of £0.75. The sale ends on 31st March, so get in quick! There are hundreds of images with 50% off in their Thank You Event. Even without an event on, I think the prices of images are very reasonable. There are just so many!

Even if you don't have a Silhouette, I think you could easily replicate this make using simple heart and flowers dies in your stash.

My mum loved the card and the goodies even more! Hope you like the card too, I'm really pleased with the way it turned out.

I'm going to go now, but I have some more cards coming up also using the Silhouette Cameo. Thank you for popping by! 



2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a beautiful card, I'm loving the colours you used. Yep! a fabulous sale, I've had a few too!
Keep safe and well
Faith x

Colette said...

Thank you Faith. I loved the colours used on the original so much I decided to go with them. It is so tempting not to spend a fortune on all those gorgeous images, especially when there is a sale on.

You keep safe and well too.

Colette xxx