Wednesday 29 April 2020

Slightly Distracted

Hello there!

I hope you are all keeping well.

I'm back with another card featuring a cat with attitude. This chap is taken from the Tim Holtz Snarky Cats set by Stampers Anonymous and is packed with hilarious cats and sarcastic sayings. A perfect match I think.

What you need...

Stamps:
Tim Holtz Snarky Cats (CMS392) - Stampers Anonymous

Ink pads:
Onyx Black - Versafine
Celery - Avery Elle Pigment Ink

Washi tape:
Black/white striped - MT

Embellishments
Glitter dots

What you do...

1 Mask off a diagonal section across the bottom of a 10.5cm x 14.5cm blank and blend Celery ink evenly over the area.

2 Remove the masking and apply a length of the Washi tape following the top line of the inked section.

3 Stamp the cat just above the Washi tape.

4 Stamp the sentiment just above the cat at the top left. Decorate with a few glitter dots.

I have a couple of rolls of Washi tape that I don't want to use on my makes, so I use them to mask off areas and hold things like dies in place. It means that they don't just sit there for years gathering dust and as Washi isn't as sticky as some tapes, it's perfect for masking without ruining your card. 

This stamp set is just so me, especially this sentiment! Ha! This card is perfect for a male recipient or a cat loving friend that can cope with funny sarcasm. I really like the black and white and I think the bit of green really makes the card pop.

I'm going to sign off now and make a coffee. Thank you for popping by and take care.


1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Hysterical, sounds like me LOL Love the lime and B&W.
Keep safe and well
Faith x