Tuesday 11 May 2021

Cactus Trio

Hello there, me again!

I'm back with another cactus card. This one is the last of three that I created with the Silhouette Cameo. It is an unusual card in that it has a top and bottom flap that opens rather than the standard side or top fold card. I chose bright colours and added a touch of sparkle to the flower and added a few gems.



What you need...

Digital image: 
Cactus Card by Daniela Moscone (#197812) - Silhouette

Card stock:
Pool
Dark Pool
Mid Green
Dark Green
Pink
White

Vinyl:
Midnight - Cricut

Embellishments:
Dewdrops - Little Things from Lucy's Cards

Extras:
Adhesives
Sparkle Crystal Clear Shimmer Pen

Tools:
Silhouette Cameo

What you do...

1 Load the image onto the Design Studio and re-size so the width of the main card is 14.5cm wide. Lock the aspect ratio so that everything keeps in proportion.

2 Type out the wording, change to your desired font. Re-size so it fits across the top section of the card.

3 Send the images to the Cameo, adjust the blade if necessary and cut out in the relevant colours.

Cut the font in Midnight vinyl.

Assemble the card using the image photo as a guide. Add the wording to the top section. Use the shimmer pen to add some shimmer to the flower. Finish with some Dewdrops to the left of the cactus pot.

I have a confession, I can't remember what font I used for the wording. I found the wording already cut out in my stash from some previous projects. I did go through all the fonts within the Silhouette. I think it was a font I used with my Cricut. The nearest font I could find is one called Paprika which is available through the Silhouette Design Store.

This is a lovely, bold and colourful card and I had fun assembling it. I might have to make it again in a different colour scheme. I think it's a good card to make if you are in a rush or want to make a batch as everything is already thought out for you.

Right then, that's me for now. Thank you as always for stopping by, take care and I'll be back soon.


1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Clever card Colette, I love the cactus and the touch of sparkle, such great colours and a fabulous design.
Hugs
Faith x