Thursday 6 May 2021

miss YOU

Hi there!

As promised I'm back with another make. I decided not to share the remaining cactus card with you today, I will share it at a later date. I wanted to show you another card instead.

I purchased the You Confetti Cuts die set by Reverse Confetti some time ago and thought it was about time I used it.

As it is a large word die with a shadow background, I wanted it to be the main focus of the card and team it up with some other lettering/wording. The good thing about this die is that it can be used with many other words for different themes/occasions.



What you need...

Dies:
You Confetti Cuts - Reverse Confetti
Bee Bold Lowercase Honey Cuts - Honey Bee Stamps
A2 Layers Die Rectangles - Waffle Flower

Stencil:
Splash (TESN28) - Taylored Expressions

Stamps:
Chit Chat - Paper Smooches

Ink Pads:
Turquoise Gem  - VersaMagic
Onyx Black - VersaFine

Card stock:
Black - Concord & 9th
Grapefruit
White

Extras:
Adhesives

Tools:
Big Shot - Sizzix
Blending brushes

What you do...

1 Lightly blend the Turquoise Gem ink over white card. Secure the stencil over the inked card and blend the Turquoise Gem over the stencil creating a heavier tone. Remove the stencil and allow the inked card to dry.

2 Die cut the 'you' in black card along with letters form the Bee Bold set to spell 'miss'. Die cut the 'you' shadow in white and the little heart in Grapefruit. Assemble the 'you' dies and add the heart with foam pads.

3 Use the second largest die from the A2 Layers set to cut a rectangle from the inked/stencilled card.

4 Line up the letters/wording onto the stencilled panel and using these as a guide, stamp the 'so much' in Onyx Black.

Create a 4¼"x 5½" white blank and mat the stencilled panel onto it. Attach the 'you' with foam pads and stick the 'miss' directly onto the panel above the 'you'.

There we have it. The photo of the card doesn't really show the true colour of the ink, it is certainly more of a greener turquoise hue in real life.

I am so pleased with the way this turned out. I am planning to keep on using older items (such as the stamp set) along with newer items in future projects. I have recently discovered some really old stamp sets/dies in my stash that I would like to use again. Watch this space!

As usual, thank you so much for popping by, I really appreciate it. Take care and I'll be back soon.



2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the colour and background and the large word die is fabulous. I've been doing some going back in time with lots of things, they really are worth revisiting aren't they?
Faith x

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Beautiful creation! Thanks for playing at Craft Creations Challwenge.
Ileanaxx