Wednesday 12 December 2012

Crafts Beautiful January 2013 - Pt 1

Aft'noon peepsicles!

Are you nearly ready for Christmas yet? I lurrve Christmas, the open fire, mulled wine, hot chestnuts, carols... and you can't beat a bit of Perry Como, Andy Williams and Bing Crosby!

I'm not into a really modern Christmas, I like the old traditions. Weird really when you think the cards I design are quite modern, but I think they definitely have the retro 50's - 60's feel about them - the era I love.

Today I would like to show you the first of my Crafts Beautiful projects. I have three projects in this issue. I tell you, they'll be getting sick of the sight of me! No seriously, I'm honoured that they like my work enough to ask me to contribute so much, plus it keeps me busy!




This is another Card School project, this month focusing on card inserts. I admit I'm not of fan of inserts (or verses) to be honest, but I really enjoyed creating these. I'm pleased with the way they turned out, once again putting a modern twist onto something that can be 'twee' or old fashioned.

That's a little sneaky peek. The issue is jam packed with ideas, projects and features, and for more crafting ideas visit Crafts Beautiful. There are loads more hints, tips and projects on the website, plus you can join the forum, where you will find lots of lovely, friendly people.

Okay, that's enough from me for now. I'll post the second part soon. Until then, toodle pip! xx

1 comment:

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Fabulous projects and I love the 'modern' twist! Hugs, Asia xxx