Saturday 15 December 2012

Crafts Beautiful January 2013 - Pt 3

Well hello there!
 
If you are reading this then my schedule post has worked. Yippee! We're at my mum and dad's in Yorkshire delivering pressies, but we will be back soon.
 
Simon's dad is feeding Bazoo for us. She will not be happy. There is nothing worse than a sulky cat. Bazoo is the only cat I have ever known that can ignore you from another room. You can feel the vibes! They come through the wall at you. You just know you are being ignored. Don't know how she does it, but she does.
 
Anyway, onto the final part of my projects in the January issue of Crafts Beautiful.


 
I had to use pages from a book and being ex-library, I didn't know whether I could bring myself to tear pages from a new book. It was bad enough in the library tearing up and throwing away old, tatty books!
 
One of my favourite books is Far from the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy, so I purchased a copy, steeled myself and tore the first page out (after about half an hour of hesitation, weeping, wailing and huge waves of guilt). The thing is I knew it was going to go on a lovely card, not in the bin, so it wasn't that bad. I'm really pleased with the way these turned out and will definitely be doing some more.
 
As it's nearly Christmas, why not treat yourself to a subscription of Crafts Beautiful? Or better still, drop a few very loud and not so subtle hints to your nearest and dearest. It makes a great present. The free gift for subscribing at the moment is a set of beautiful Tilda storage tins, and as an extra gift you get a free binder for your magazines. Can't be bad! It's great having each issue drop onto your door mat. No more missed copies (and you usually get it before it hits the shops - bwah ha ha har).
 
That's me for now. Hopefully I'll be back soon with some more cards to show you. Ta ta! xx

1 comment:

lucretia said...

Well done. Love those projects. Very stylish. Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year.