Monday 10 December 2012

True Spirit of Christmas

Well hello there chums!
Hope you all had a lovely weekend. I really don't know where it went to and at what speed. Back to Monday already.
The showcasing of my Christmas cards is winding down now. I just have one more to make, the most special one of all...Simon's (mushy stuff...bleugh). So this one I want to show you today is the last one of the cards I'm sending out.
I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't get more made, I still have loads of new stamps, papers and ideas to play with. I've been so busy and basically ran out of time. Maybe I will make the odd one or two throughout the coming year and at least build a stock up.



What you need...

Stamps: Happy Holidays Star - Fancy Pants Designs
Dies: Framelits Circles - Sizzix
Embossing folder: Seeing Spots - Cuttlebug
Ink: Onyx Black - Versafine
Promarkers: Lime Zest, Cardinal Red - Letraset
Embossing powder: Detail Clear - Stampendous
Card stock: white, lime green, red
Ribbon: red
Glitter Dots

How you do it...

Onto a top fold white square blank, mat a smaller piece of lime green card, making sure you line up one edge with the fold of the blank. Emboss spots onto white card, trim so that it is slightly smaller than the lime green panel and mat on top.

Stamp and heat emboss the image onto white card and colour in. Cut out using a circle die. Mat onto a larger circle in red card. Attach to the blank so the circle overlaps the fold and trim off any excess.

Finish with red ribbon tied around the bottom and a few random glitter dots.

I'm not sure if you can this stamp now. I have had it a few years, but you could use any stamp and sentiment you have in your stash, just follow the layout of the card. Try using a different colour theme too.

Okay, that was the last one, except for Simon's card. I will post that one up when I've made it and given it to him (he reads the blog).

I'll be back soon with some sneaky peeks at my projects in the new issue of Crafts Beautiful, until then, take care and thanks for stopping by. xx

No comments: