Thursday 24 January 2013

Beautiful

Howdy chums!
Hope you are all well and happy :)
I'm on a roll mojo wise at the moment. Ideas keep popping in my head left, right and centre. So, here is another one of those 'ideas' (which came from the left, I think).




What you need...

Dies: Flower Layers #9 - Sizzix; Grunge Flower #1- PaperArtsy
Patterned paper: Soho Garden 6x6 Paper Pad - American Crafts
Stickers: Doodle Deux Typeset Tiny Alphabet - Prima
Adhesive tape: Washi aqua, lime - MT
Card stock: aqua, lime
Buttons: pink
Baker's twine: pink
Punch: corner rounder

What you do...

Create a top fold A6 blank and round off the lower right corner. Apply a length of aqua and lime Washi tape from the top left of the card, cut a notch in the ends.

Die cut one large, one small and two medium flowers in brown floral paper, then die cut one medium and two small flowers in aqua card. Use the leaf from the Grunge Flower set and cut two in lime card. Scrunch all the pieces up and then layer.

Attach the flowers and leaves to the card over the top of the Washi tape. Tie baker's twine through three buttons and stick to the centre of each flower. Apply a word sticker over the bottom of the Washi tape, just above the notches.

There you have it! I'm pleased with the way this card turned out. I did initially have it the other way round - a side fold landscape, but I like the way the Washi tape looked coming from the top, rather than the side. The photo turned out really well too. I didn't have to do much tweaking. Overall I'm a happy bunny - woo hoo!

Well thanks for stopping by today. I'm going to make a nice hot cup of tea. Until next time. xxx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Colette
Another fabulous card! I really like your style :)
Enjoy the rest of your day now the housework is done.
Dawn x

lucretia said...

How did I miss this? Love this one. Very usnusual.