Monday 14 January 2013

Thank You - Whoo!

Well hello there chums!

It's a beautiful if somewhat cold day here in Norfolk. We had a smattering of snow last night and now the sun is shining, looks just like a wintry wonderland on a Christmas card.

I have for you today another thank you card (I sent it to my Mum & Dad for my Christmas pressies). Again, it is one I did for Crafts Beautiful in the January 2012 issue.


What you need...

Stamps: Swirls V1 - Autumn Leaves; Birds Galore - Inkadinkado
Dies: Labels One - Spellbinders
Ink: Onyx Black - Versafine
Embossing powder: Detail Clear - Stampendous
Card stock: white, pink, blues
Promarkers: pink, blue
Buttons: white, pink,
Ribbon: blue grosgrain
Rub-ons: black
Cotton: white, pink
Adhesives
Flower templates - download from Crafts Beautiful

What you do...

Stamp swirls in black ink on the lower right corner of a top fold A6 landscape blank. Wrap ribbon around the card and tie in a knot on the right.

Stamp, emboss and colour the owl and cut out with the 6cm label die. Mount onto pink card, cut with the 7cm label die. Adhere to the top left of the blank.

Download the flower templates and cut out three flowers in shades of blue card. Attach a button tied with cotton to the centre of each flower. Adhere the flowers to the card, as shown. Create the sentiment with rub-ons, to finish.

I don't think birdies will ever go out of fashion. The good thing is they are suitable for all cards, male or female (though you might not want to give a pink and blue card to a bloke - well, maybe you would..... depends).

The Crafts Beautiful website has all the archive templates from past issues, plus lots of free papers you can download and print. You just need to register with the site to be able to access them. Simples!!

That is me for now. I'll be back later to show you a sneeky peek of my projects in this months issue of Crafts Beautiful. I have to make a card for my Dad and I have a pile of ironing that is the height of Ben Nevis (no exaggeration here). I will have to put on my climbing spikes just to reach the top to sort it out. I could pull a few things from the bottom, but I am not going to take the risk of being buried alive by an avalanche of underpants - no, not a good idea.

Actually, several of the items are now dead. Especially the bedding. Two pillowcases and the fitted sheet were massacred yesterday morning whilst changing the bed. As with most serial killers, Bazoo went back and had another go at the dead sheet. Cats!

Thanks for dropping in. xxx

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful card Colette! I love the cute owl and the swirls are gorgeous. I will send in the mountain rescue team if I haven't seen a post for a few days :) Loads of snow here in Yorkshire.
Love
Dawn x

Sonia said...

Fabulous card my dear:) Beautiful design and cute owl:) Gorgeous colors used:)
Hugs,
Sonia

Katelyn said...

I love the cards you make, especially this one, they're so unique!

lucretia said...

Another lovely creation. Owls are wonderful and yours is really cute.