Friday 25 January 2013

Hey There!

Aft'noon lovely peeps!

Hope you are all well and looking forward to the weekend.

Last night I was having a look through my paper and die cuts and I came across the Carolyn Gavin Greenhouse collection by K & Company. I adore these papers and die cuts, they didn't seem readily available at the time and are now sadly discontinued. QVC had the die cuts in stock for a brief time and I had to get the paper pad sent over from the US.

I decided to make a simple card using the papers, a journaling spot and a die cut butterfly. So here it is.



What you need...

Stamps: Sentiment Sampler - Paper Smooches
Ink: Vintage Sepia - Versafine
Patterned paper
Die cut butterfly
Journaling spot
Card stock: chocolate brown
Glitter dots
Adhesives

What you do...

Create a top fold blank 13cm x 14.5cm and attach a slightly smaller piece of chocolate card to the front, in line with the fold.

Cut three 2cm wide strips in co-ordinating patterned papers. Trim to length, snip a notch from the end of each strip and adhere to the right side of the blank.

Stamp a simple sentiment onto a co-ordinating journaling spot and fix to the blank just above the notched end of the paper strips. Attach a butterfly die cut to the journaling spot and finish with a few glitter dots. The apple journaling spot and butterfly are so cute!

Top tip alert!!!!

This project is a good way of using up strips of paper. I bought some of those 12" x 12"  grip seal bags, I labelled them with manufacturers such as Bo Bunny, K & Company etc. Any scraps of paper that I have left over I put into the bags. The beauty of labelling the bags is that you don't have to spend hours rummaging through scraps of paper to find the collection you want.

The bags are kept in a decorative scrapbook box, which is kept handy; so if I go to use a sheet of paper, I check in the box first to see if I have any already cut into. The times I've cut into a new sheet of paper and then realised there is one already chopped up. So annoying!

You can buy the 12" x 12" grip seal bags (10 for £1.25) from Sarah's Cards

Okay, that's me for the nonce. Thanks for popping in. xxx

1 comment:

Nikbee said...

A fantastic card. I love the papers.
Nikki x