Sunday 16 February 2014

Batty In Love

Hello chums!
Well, what a difference from yesterday. We have blue skies and no wind! Yippee! It's quite mild as well. Even the chickens are sunbathing this morning.
Hopefully this clement weather will last long enough to dry out the garden a bit. I can't moan really, when all those poor people down in the South East have had their homes ruined by floods. What's a soggy, boggy lawn compared to that?
As promised in my post yesterday, I have another quirky 'love' card to share with you. Again, this is part of the set I did for the February 2013 issue of Crafts Beautiful. I think this would be good for an engagement or anniversary card.
Here goes...




What you need...

Stamps: Falling For You - Paper Smooches
Dies: Labels Eight - Spellbinders
Card: white, purple, lime, aqua
Ink pad: Onyx Black - Versafine
Embossing powder: Detail Clear - Stampendous
Promarkers
Punch: corner rounder
Ribbon: purple
Button: aqua
Twine: white
Glitter dots
Adhesives

What you do...

Stamp, emboss and colour in the bat, two plain hearts, a plaid heart and the sentiment. Cut out the bat with a label die, mount it onto a larger lime then a large aqua label. Trim a small section from the top and attach to a top fold A6 blank.

Cut out the hearts and sentiment and mount onto purple card and adhere to the blank. Round off the two bottom corners of the blank, wrap and tie ribbon around the top of the card. Finish with a button tied with twine and a few glitter dots.

There we have it, another bright quirky card. I just love the colour combination of this set. They are some of my fave colours and I tend to use them quite a lot. Bright and cheerful is the way to go. Don't be afraid of using bright, clashing colours together; they look great against a white background.

That's me for the nonce. I'll be back soon to show you a sneaky peek of my makes in the current issues of Crafts Beautiful and Papercrafter.

Take care. xxx

post signature

5 comments:

Meredith said...

Great card. Meredith245 at yahoo dot com

Pasje Justychy said...

Fantastic card :D

Phi said...

Such a cute bat!

el said...

bardzo zabawna karteczka

Tindaloo said...

super cool card!