Saturday 15 February 2014

Nutty For You

Good afternoon peeps!
I've got wind. Sorry, Norfolk's got wind, as most of the country has. It's not good, it's not nice, I don't like it, it scares me, I want it to go away now.
Okay, moan over. Just in the middle of commissions (got loads to do), but I thought I would take a break for a few. As yesterday was Valentine's Day, I thought I would show you a couple of cards I did for an issue of Crafts Beautiful last year. I'll show the other card in my next post :o).
So, without further ado do....




What you need...

Stamps: Falling For You - Paper Smooches
Card: white, purple, hot pink, lime, aqua
Ink pad: Onyx Black - Versafine
Embossing powder: Detail Clear - Stampendous
Promarkers
Punch: corner rounder
Glitter dots
Adhesives

What you do...

Round off the top right of a 12cm square blank. Repeat with an 11cm square piece of hot pink card and mat centrally onto the blank.

Stamp, emboss and colour the acorn, three plaid hearts and a sentiment. Trim the acorn, round off the top right corner and mat on purple card then aqua card, again rounding the top right corners.

Adhere the acorn panel to the lower left of the blank. Cut out the three hearts and sentiment, mount onto lime card, trim and attach to the blank. Finish with a few glitter dots.

Ta da! There you have it, a modern Valentine card. It would also be suitable for any time you want to let that special person know how much you love them.

As you probably know by now, I'm a huge fan of Paper Smooches. The images are so bold and clear and are perfect for clean and simple cards and colouring in. There are now a few suppliers in the UK selling Smooches goodies. Why not have a browse on t'internet and treat yourself to some yummies?

Right, break over. Back to the commissions. Enjoy the rest of your Saturday and I'll be back later with another quirky 'love card'.

Toodle-pip! xxx

post signature

6 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful!!! Love your vibrant colours! Hope your weather clears up - we've had terrible wind and snow here in Nova Scotia - a rough winter! I will be so happy to see spring!

Hugs,
Kitty

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Colette and just love the bright colours! Hope the your wind soon eases (sorry, the wind in Norfolk!)
Hugs
Dawn x

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

lovely card dear! I love the bright colours.. gorgeous!

UTs Hobby Time said...

Fabulous card. Love the way how you have used the different colors in one card.

Unknown said...

This card is so crisp and vibrant......and very beautifully done. Thank you for sharing this lovey art with us, we really enjoy seeing your unique styles. Blessings, Carole Word Art Wednesday DT
Five of your family friendly cards, tags or projects are welcomed each week.
I personally don't mind even strong wind but the snow is beginning to be an irritant. I do hope your wind has subsided.

el said...

co za fantastyczna kolorystyka, bardzo do mnie przemawia