Saturday 21 July 2018

Believe - Cute Penguin Bauble

Good afternoon lovely peeps!

It is still glorious weather here in the UK. Unfortunately the trees and plants are suffering a bit, if would rain overnight and be sunshiny during the day it would be perfect. We shouldn't moan really, because the weeks are flying by so quickly Autumn and Winter will be soon upon us. I love all the seasons though.

I've been busy today, making batches of jam and lots of quick Christmas cards - so productive!

Lately I've been going through some of my PaperCrafter magazines and thought it might be nice to do a series where I re-do some of my makes that were in said magazine.

The first one is a lovely penguin bauble card using a Joanna Sheen die. This featured in issue 88 of PaperCrafter way back in 2015. I have made it exactly the same.



What you need...

Card stock: aqua, black, white
Die: Penguin Bauble Signature Die - Joanna Sheen
Baker's Twine: black
Gems: clear
Christmas rub-on phrase
Adhesives

What you do...

1 Die cut two baubles, one from black card and one from white. Assemble so the inner parts and the top are white.

2 Cut a 10cm x 14cm piece of aqua card and attach the bauble to the lower right with foam pads. Thread a length of twine through the bauble and secure over the top edge of the card.

3 Mat the aqua panel onto a top fold 10.5cm x 14.5cm white blank. Tie twine in a bow around the top of the bauble hanger. Finish by adding the phrase and a few gems.

I loved doing this card. The die was one that I would not necessarily choose, but the magazine sent it to me to create a card and I'm glad they did. I think it looks so elegant.

This is going to be a good series to do. I tend not to get my makes back from PaperCrafter so I don't really get the opportunity to show them off.

Thank you for stopping by and I'll be back soon.


2 comments:

Tracy Welham said...

Fabulously festive! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love that bauble and the design, it's great to revisit things isn't it?
Faith
Daffodil Cards {My Blog}