Thursday 2 April 2020

Warp Speed

Good afternoon blog friends!

I hope you are all still keeping well, safe and not going too stir crazy.

Before I show you my card, I just want to say that for some reason Blogger has messed up the reply function to comments, this has been going on for quite a while with no real fixes. Apparently this is a big problem for lots of blogs, especially older ones. A suggestion was made that you could completely change the theme of your blog to overcome the problem. I am sure that I am not the only one who spent a lot of time and energy into creating their blog, so I don't really want to go down that route. 

I have got round it by not embedding the comment box and changing it so that it opens in a different window. As I can't reply I will leave a separate comment myself. Aaargh!

Righto, on to the important stuff. I do have a couple of more cards made using the Silhouette, but I did this one the other day and I am so excited to share it with you.


What you need...

Card stock: white
Stamp: Space Cadet - Paper Smooches
Ink pads: Sapphire - Avery Elle; Extreme Black - My Favorite Things
Copic: Pinkish White R00, Cherry White R000, Vermillion R08, New Leaf YG23, Nile Blue BG45, Cool Grey #1 C-1, Acacia Y04, Apricot YR16
Gel pen: Gelly Roll Stardust Clear #700 - Sakura; Signo Broad White UM-153 - Uni-ball
Masking paper: Stamp Masking Paper - Inkadinkado
Adhesives

What you do...

1 Hand cut a rough edged semi-circle of masking paper and attach to the bottom of white card 10cm x 14cm.

2 Stamp the images onto the card, stamp again onto masking paper, cut out and apply over each image.

3 Use the Sapphire ink and blend over the piece of card, leaving areas a little bit lighter.

4 Remove the masking paper and colour in the images.

5 Use the white gel pen to add stars and planets. 

6 Stamp the sentiment at the base in the semi-circle. Highlight the sentiment with the Stardust gel pen and some of the stars/planets.

7 Mat onto a 10.5cm x 14.5cm white blank.

I haven't made this card for anyone in particular. I am trying to do my makes using old supplies from my stash rather than keep purchasing new ones. This stamp set hasn't been used in a while and I thought the sentiment was perfect.

A thoroughly good time was had making this card and I'm really pleased with the way it turned out. 

The thing I love about Paper Smooches stamp sets is that they always have unusual, quirky and different wording/sentiments.

Thank you for popping by, keep well and I'll be back soon.


4 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Your card is adorable, Colette! I love the outer space theme! Great sentiment too! Sorry you're having trouble with the reply-to-comment feature. You probaby already know that replies aren't seen by the original commenter anyway, unless they come back for a second visit to the same blog post, so it might be better, if you can, to reply to them when you receive their comment by email. However, that only works if the blogger has their email address attached to their blog. Otherwise, they are considered a "no-reply blogger," which is very frustrating. Hope this helps! Also hope you and your loved ones are staying safe and healthy during the pandemic.

Colette said...

Hi KT. So glad you like the card. Thanks for the reply advice. It's so annoying as a couple of years ago it was allowing me to reply okay. Hope you and all your loved ones are keeping safe and well too. Take care xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I LOVE your card Colette, great colours and a Super sentiment, love your background too.
Keep safe and well.
Faith x

Colette said...

Thank you Faith. I had a really good time with this one. I adore Paper Smooches, their stamps are so adorable. Hope you and yours are keeping safe and well xx