Thursday 9 April 2020

Hello Birdie (Silhouette)

Good afternoon!

I hope you are all still keeping well and safe. I've just finished another project for Papercrafter (one for my step by step pages) and before I type everything up and get it ready for posting I thought I would share another make with you.

This is a card I made for all the staff and residents at the care home where my mum lives. It was just to say hello and that I really appreciate what they do and how they look after mum so well. 

Mum and I have been face timing each other at lot lately. She does have a land line in her room but she's never in it! As she takes her lap top up to the communal area it means she can speak to me whenever she wants. The staff have been really good setting her up so she can log on to Facebook and get in touch. She says it is like I am just sitting in front of her!

Anyhoo, onto the card. This is another one created using the Silhouette.


What you need...

Silhouette image file: Bird on Branch #174334 - Miss Kate Cuttables
Font: Script MT Bold
Card stock: brown, pale blue, pale pink, red, yellow white
Self adhesive vinyl: black - Cricut
Gems: clear
Adhesives

What you do...

1 Purchase and download the image. Open the design page and add the image.

2 Re-size the bird image to suit. I sized it to fit a 6" square blank.

3 Send to cut in your chosen colours.

4 Use the text function to create the sentiment in the Script MT Bold font and cut in black vinyl.

5 Assemble the bird, branch and bird box and fix to the blank so the branch comes in from the right hand side edge.

6 Apply the vinyl wording with the help of transfer tape.

7 Add some gems to decorate.

The image used is £0.75 which isn't bad for how detailed it is. The font is free that you can use through Microsoft Word. I think if you have this on your PC then it will automatically shows on the Silhouette. 

Check out my 'Free Fonts' page to link you to a few websites that offer free fonts, there are hundreds to choose from. Please be aware that some fonts are only free for domestic use,  however there are still lots of free fonts available if you are planning to sell your makes. It is always best to check.

If you would like the pear/sentiments digi stamps from my last post, then please email through the 'Contact Me' page and I will send them to you. They are only available for a limited time.

Thank you for popping by and I hope you have a lovely Easter (as best as we can at the moment). At least this virus doesn't affect chocolate!



1 comment:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love this cutie especially the little hearts. Love your card it's beautiful.
I've already sent you an email for the pears :)
Happy Easter
Keep safe and well
Faith x