Monday 6 April 2020

Pear-fect Couple of Pears! (Own illustration)

Hello blog friends!

For the last few years I really lost my creative mojo. I managed to still create for my magazine projects, but it has been a struggle. This meant creating for myself and my blog suffered a lot. At one point I didn't think I would experience being creative again. Well now I'm back with a vengeance!

This last few days I have been going crazy mad making cards and having so much fun. 

I have some dear friends John & Peter. They are celebrating their wedding anniversary this coming Wednesday. I decided to design and illustrate a special card for them with a cute Kawaii theme.


What you need...

Free pear digi stamp and sentiment - Cosmic Strawberry
Card stock: white
Patterned paper: green spotty
Copic: Yellow Green YG03, Celadon Green YG25, Pea Green YG63, Moss YG67, Light Walnut E57, Walnut E59, Sugared Almond Pink RV02
Glossy Accents - Ranger
Adhesives

What you do...

1 Download the image and sentiment. Open up a suitable program and import. Place the sentiment where desired. Re-size to suit. Print out onto white card stock.

2 Colour in the image.

3 Trim the image to 12cm square.

4 Cover a 15cm square blank with the spotty paper and mat the image centrally onto it. Finish with some glossy accent dots around the image.

If you would like a free copy of the image along with three sentiments, it will be available for a limited time until 23:55 BST,  31st May 2020. Just send me an email (my address is listed in the Contact Me page) and I will email the images back to you. The image and sentiments come both in PNG and JPEG formats.

The sentiments are 'To the most pear-fect couple!', 'We're pear-fect together!' and ' You're pear-fect together!'. Of course if you do get the image you can add your own sentiment if you wish.


I had such fun designing these. You could add little embellishments such as a little bow tie or hair bow cut from a scrap of card.

I'm going to sign off now. Stay safe and well and I'll be back soon with another cute make.


4 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Super cute illustration, Colette! Your card is adorable, and I'm sure your friends will love it! I would request the free image but I don't know when I'll be able to use it because I've lost my mojo :-( I think it's the stress of life right now, worried about my parents, who don't live near me, and I guess I'm just not used to pandemic life yet. I'm hoping I'll get my mojo back soon! I have cards I need to make! Stay safe and healthy!

Colette said...

Hi KT, I know how your feel about losing your mojo. My mum is also far away, she is in a care home up in North Yorkshire. Luckily everything is good at the moment, but it doesn't stop me worrying about her. Just drop me a line when you feel up to it and I'll send you the images. Please take care of yourself xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You are definitely back with avengence and a BRILLIANT and fun card, LOVE those pears, will be looking for your email LOL.
Keep safe and well.
Faith x

Colette said...

Hi Faith, so pleased you like. Send me an email through my Contact Page and I will send the images asap xx