Wednesday 3 September 2014

Christmas Wishes

Afternoon lovelies!

Okay, this card is unusual for me as I used, wait for it.....peel-offs! Yes! Me using peel-offs. I usually 'ugh' at the thought of them. 

A few years ago I stumbled across a sheet of black peel-offs featuring a lovely bird. I purchased a few sheets and have had them hidden away for years. I think you can still get these peel-offs if you have a hunt on the Internet.

I was having a sort through some of my stash the other day and came across them. So I decided to give them a shot; as at least when you place them on white card it looks like a stamped and heat embossed image, and this is what I came up with...



What you need...

Card stock: white
Peel-offs: Christmas Doves, black - Elizabeth Craft
Promarkers: Lime Green, Molten Red, Pear Green
Patterned paper: lime swirly
Ribbon: red
Gems: red

What you do...

Cut a piece of white card 10cm x 11.5cm and place a dove sticker centrally, 1cm above the bottom edge. 
Add a length of the circle border sticker as a hanger.
Colour in the dove and hanger with Promarkers.
Create a white 10cm x 15cm  top fold blank and mat the dove panel to the top.
Cover the remainder of the blank with lime swirly paper. 
Wrap and tie ribbon around the top edge of the lime paper. 
Add a sentiment in the top right corner and embellish the dove and hanger with a few red gems.

There you have it. A quick, clean and simple card. Not bad for peel-offs eh?? I may even have a go a doing some more of these in different colour combinations. 

Looking through my sticker stash I did come across some other peel-offs that may come in handy. Am I new convert? I don't think so, but watch this space, you never know....

Right! That's me for the mo. I have commissions to get on with. Thank you for popping by and I'll be back soon.

TTFN xx

post signature

1 comment:

Kelly-Anne said...

I love your creation, Colette! But then, all your cards are sheer perfection:) Hugs, Kelly-Anne